ENT Obi-Wan Kenobi *OFFICIAL THREAD* …streaming now on Disney+

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
The Last Jedi is the only interesting new SW movie
Totally agree.

They could have gone with such an amazing direction but they HAD to play it safe and used old stupid plot points.

No risk at all, and literally everything that is coming out of this universe will be based on the original trilogy. No fucking guts.

Reactions: Keksimus

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
The movie didn't suddenly get better, dipshit. :rofl:
It was always solid

Dipwads like urself cried so hard they over corrected with the travesty that was rise and put the movies on an indefinite hiatus

Good job champion

Reactions: GRattu

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
It was always solid

Dipwads like urself cried so hard they over corrected with the travesty that was rise and put the movies on an indefinite hiatus

Good job champion

It was never solid. It had some good cinematography, and had had an an interesting idea in that Luke wanted for the Jedi to end, but RJ pussed out and had Luke do a complete 180 at the last second because... reasons. Rey could have joined Kylo, but again, RJ pussed out. Finn should have become a Jedi, etc. Oh, and they had Luke die because he used the Force too hard. :rofl:

TLJ was so terrible and turned so many people off to the franchise that the very next SW movie LOST money. :rofl:

oftenly

ae iirc
Sep 26, 2009
It was never solid. It had some good cinematography, and had had an an interesting idea in that Luke wanted for the Jedi to end, but RJ pussed out and had Luke do a complete 180 at the last second because... reasons. Rey could have joined Kylo, but again, RJ pussed out. Finn should have become a Jedi, etc. Oh, and they had Luke die because he used the Force too hard. :rofl:
Real talk... after watching it, I appreciated the creative moves. RJ did some weird shit, but at the time it seemed bold, and there was definitely an excitement afterwards of, man, I can't imagine where they're going to take this story. Even Luke dying hit me in the feels and really made me think about what could happen. Then the third one came out and I realized, wow, RJ did indeed fuck up this entire franchise pretty bad. I mean, it was Kathleen Kennedy more than anything, but I digress.

TLJ was so terrible and turned so many people off to the franchise that the very next SW movie LOST money. :rofl:
Yeah, but don't minimize the very real problems Solo had in isolation. That project was a mistake from the very beginning.

Reactions: HUGE

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Real talk... after watching it, I appreciated the creative moves. RJ did some weird shit, but at the time it seemed bold, and there was definitely an excitement afterwards of, man, I can't imagine where they're going to take this story. Even Luke dying hit me in the feels and really made me think about what could happen. Then the third one came out and I realized, wow, RJ did indeed fuck up this entire franchise pretty bad. I mean, it was Kathleen Kennedy more than anything, but I digress.

Yeah, but don't minimize the very real problems Solo had in isolation. That project was a mistake from the very beginning.
RJ laid out a path for greatness and JJ chickened the fuck out and went with OMG, SHE IS A PALPATINE! KYLO IS REDEEMED, AND FALLS IN LOVE WITH REY!

Gtfo

• Clown

limsoup

OT Supporter
Mar 11, 2007
I mostly like it so far. The acting and dialogue besides McGregor's is mostly not so good though.

had to google the timeline bc I was trying to figure out why Leia was 4.

Reactions: B-Line

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

nope everyone enjoyed it on initial view but the internet vocal virgins made the shit unbearable and then the tides turned

the movie itself was pretty fun and well made

Ava G.

OT Supporter
Apr 9, 2021
CO
One should be able to criticize TLJ without getting compared to YT anti-SJWs.

Those people are something to watch out for, but acting like they comprise all of TLJ's detractors is dishonest.

Reactions: TankRizzo and HUGE

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
One should be able to criticize TLJ without getting compared to YT anti-SJWs.

Those people are something to watch out for, but acting like they comprise all of TLJ's detractors is dishonest.
I've never seen someone that actually appreciated quality filmmaking hate on tlj

Not once

• Haha

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
TLJ isn't perfect but either you follow follow the EXTREMELY generic plotlines set up in TFA or you subvert everything in the most interesting way you can. Rian Johnson tried to do the latter and it was a million times more interesting than anything Abrams & Kasdan would've done

It's probably why LucasFilms gave it to Rian Johnson. There were no plans for what to do with the trilogy - TFA was purely made as a formulaic product that would remind people of the original trilogy. They fucked themselves

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
I’m enjoying it so far. It’s fantastic to see Ewan reprise his role since he was the best part of the prequels. However, is nobody else wondering how a little kid whose top speed is half a mile per hour able to outrun all these adults??? It annoys me and takes me out of the moment.

Reactions: Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
One thing I just realized...is how Ob1 has basically given up being a Jedi...but he's supposed to be actively protecting Luke...how if he can't even muster enough force to hold a 10-year old girl? Which means he's not actively training... :wtf:

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
One thing I just realized...is how Ob1 has basically given up being a Jedi...but he's supposed to be actively protecting Luke...how if he can't even muster enough force to hold a 10-year old girl? Which means he's not actively training... :wtf:

I think the idea is that is he uses the force the Empire's agents will eventually sense him and/or rumors will spread that exists.

Reactions: Jesus and GRattu

XxOoLVoOxX

OT Supporter
May 30, 2021
All these acronyms broke my brain trying to remember what they meant. When I saw FA, I initially thought Full Auto before looking it up and realizing it was The Force Awakens. That said, I believe Star Wars: Full Auto needs to be made and it needs to be R-rated, with no blasters but so much gunpowder and gore. It could save the Star Wars franchise.

• Haha
Reactions: Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
I think the idea is that is he uses the force the Empire's agents will eventually sense him and/or rumors will spread that exists.
But how would he be able to protect Luke though if it came to needing actual protection? Kinda makes no sense when you start thinking about it.

Also...how does Reva know who Anakin Skywalker is and that he's now Darth Vader? One could possibly assume that she's the black girl from the beginning flashback and that she's angry about being abandoned or whatever. But the age doesn't match, so maybe that's her sister or something. I dunno, this shit is just coming off as stupid already. :hsd:

But I also think that like others have said, her character just seems "off". Like all the inquisitors have like distinct accents, and then here she comes just sounding like an angry black chick from Philly. :rofl:

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
But how would he be able to protect Luke though if it came to needing actual protection? Kinda makes no sense when you start thinking about it.

Also...how does Reva know who Anakin Skywalker is and that he's now Darth Vader? One could possibly assume that she's the black girl from the beginning flashback and that she's angry about being abandoned or whatever. But the age doesn't match, so maybe that's her sister or something. I dunno, this shit is just coming off as stupid already. :hsd:

But I also think that like others have said, her character just seems "off". Like all the inquisitors have like distinct accents, and then here she comes just sounding like an angry black chick from Philly. :rofl:

@SBrooks1

Screenshot_20220530-063629_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: crotch and SBrooks1

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost