SRS Office Christmas Parties - 2020 Silent Virus Deadly Night Edition

What is your office christmas party situation?

• Nothing planned for 2020

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • Party/Gathering planned for 2020, am not going

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Party/Gathering planned for 2020, am going

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Party/Gathering planned for 2020, on the fence

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I know we have an official covid thread and plenty of others, but a few weeks back I got our official details for our office Christmas party and figured a thread with a poll would be worth posting. While I really don't wanna go, I feel like I might get pressured to do so this year. Also, it's always at a nice restaurant. I was/am thinking of going with a mask and distancing, but I really don't like being indoors around others without a mask, and my office is foolishly mostly anti mask. And even with a catering room setup, we'd be about 20 people in an area I would likely feel is too small a space. IDK, maybe if we were just booking the restaurant for just our event, I'd feel better but I doubt that's the case. We're also still phase 3 here.

So IDK. I think I'm on the fence and just hoping that with things flaring up nationally (albeit not locally) might be enough to get my employer to cancel their plans and not have me feeling bad for bailing.

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
I'm sure they'll do a virtual thing for my work. Sucks because the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner the cafe cooks is badass

blackhat

Viva Los Doyers
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
We cancelled ours and put the funds normally used for it in a bonus pool and gave it to all employees other than leadership.

Reactions: TucsonTerror

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC
My place has a Thanksgiving party planned. There'll definitely be a Christmas party.

It's always potluck+company supplying the main.

I do not plan on going though I'm sure I'll be pressured to walk down the hall and participate

BrianCash

Jan 25, 2009
Chicago
There hasn't been an announcement yet but Im sure it will be canceled. I've skipped the past 5 years even without COVID so wouldn't be going anyway.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
The company I work for did away with them way before I started here 12 years ago.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
we cant even have in person meetings with more than like 4 people

there will be no office party

Mr. November

Abolish Suburbs
Jun 9, 2017
Minneapolis
We had a "fall festival" over zoom so I would assume they'll do something similar for Christmas. We just got the notice yesterday that we're at home through at least June 30th, 2021 so I anticipate more awkward zoom celebrations.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448