CREW SPORTS Official 2021 NFL Season Thread

Hops

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
Sierra Foothills, CA
Thats a dumb take...the goal of evey game ever played is to not go to OT.

My point is that if it does go to OT, lets not have the outcome be HEAVILY influence by a coin toss. They did this with FGs, its time to change it to TDs too.
Should be other team gets a chance after TD, unless it's a TD + 2pt conversion where they have no chance of taking the lead.

That way the first TD isn't auto win and they have to choose, go for the win, or kick the extra point and hope the other team doesn't score and get 2. Or if the first team fails at 2, other can win with extra point.

Last edited:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Thats a dumb take...the goal of evey game ever played is to not go to OT.

My point is that if it does go to OT, lets not have the outcome be HEAVILY influence by a coin toss. They did this with FGs, its time to change it to TDs too.

The entire idea is end the game. What you're suggesting just makes it possible to continue to tie.

Reactions: Narc

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
Yes, that's what I meant. Then they can do a three way round robin to advance.

No, I'm saying if you don't like the rules, win the game before going into OT. Or you know, your defense can step up. It hasn't been a different story since then. It's a dumb rule, yes but it's the rule. It's sudden death OT. I'm not sure how to take the NFL being offensive now vs in the past. :rofl:
It’s sudden death if the team that gets the ball first scores a TD. A FG results in the other team a shot to tie it or score a TD. Basically first TD wins in OT

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx

I keep watching this over and over again. Dude is ice cold. Kicks the ball and walks off. He knew it was good. Didn’t even watch it go through.

And then we have Jimmy G telling him he’s a fucking legend and fuck the Packers. Man what a fucking ride. Let’s go dammit.

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
It’s sudden death if the team that gets the ball first scores a TD. A FG results in the other team a shot to tie it or score a TD. Basically first TD wins in OT
Yea, but still. The purpose is to end the game as quickly as possible. I don't really have an issue with it. It's on the defense if the first team comes in and scores. What would the better option be? Go until the end of the period? Give each team an equal chance to score the equivalent amount? (Touch down for touchdown/ FG to FG until a winner?)

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Should be other team gets a chance after TD, unless it's a TD + 2pt conversion where they have no chance of taking the lead.

That way the first TD isn't auto win and they have to choose, go for the win, or kick the extra point and hope the other team doesn't score and get 2. Or if the first team fails at 2, other can win with extra point.
No one would ever do that, though. They'd always play the safe bet. It would just end up in a tie.

dmac411

OT Supporter
Sep 18, 2003
dallas, tx
Bills should have squib kicked the ball and then grab and hold all the KC receivers at the line of scrimmage. Take the penalty and burn the clock. And do it all over again next play.

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
Yea, but still. The purpose is to end the game as quickly as possible. I don't really have an issue with it. It's on the defense if the first team comes in and scores. What would the better option be? Go until the end of the period? Give each team an equal chance to score the equivalent amount? (Touch down for touchdown/ FG to FG until a winner?)

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Shouldn't the purpose be for the better team to move on?

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Bills should have squib kicked the ball and then grab and hold all the KC receivers at the line of scrimmage. Take the penalty and burn the clock. And do it all over again next play.

You can't do that, it's a 15 yard penalty and the clock resets to what it was before the play started.

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Yes, but the game can't end on a defensive penalty.

Which would have been fine under old rules.

Touchback so starting at 25. Defensive holding, wasted 5 seconds. Ball at the 30. Do it again, ball at 35. One more time and the ball is at the 40 and there's no time left. You're not making a FG from your own 40 yard line. Hail Mary is all that's left.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
Which would have been fine under old rules.

Touchback so starting at 25. Defensive holding, wasted 5 seconds. Ball at the 30. Do it again, ball at 35. One more time and the ball is at the 40 and there's no time left. You're not making a FG from your own 40 yard line. Hail Mary is all that's left.
Butker was making 60 yarders in his sleep that day. ;)

GucciGucci

Mar 14, 2000
Silicon Valley, CA USA
FYI

:o

Controversial restriction on 49ers-Rams NFC Championship Game tickets abruptly disappears on Ticketmaster​

Eric Ting, SFGATE

Jan. 24, 2022Updated: Jan. 24, 2022 12:12 p.m.

The notice on Ticketmaster that restricted NFC Championship Game tickets to those with Los Angeles-area ZIP codes had abruptly and unceremoniously disappeared from the ticketing site’s website by Monday morning.

Previously, a fan attempting to buy tickets would see a notice alerting them that "Public sales to the game at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA will be restricted to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region,” and, “Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout.”

As of 9 a.m. Monday, that notice has been removed, and the only notice that pops up now informs customers of COVID-19-related policies.

A spokesperson for Ticketmaster referred SFGATE to the Los Angeles Rams for all policy changes. The Rams then told SFGATE that the policy was lifted after all available tickets were purchased during a presale over the weekend.

The Rams implemented the restriction because the regular season finale vs. the San Francisco 49ers saw so many Niners fans in the stands the home team had to go to a silent count on offense. It was such a problem that the wives of Matthew Stafford and Andrew Whitworth have begged Rams fans not to sell their tickets to opposing fans.........................

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
He wants the teams to play until his team wins.
Yup, I feel like no one cares until their "team" is on the losing end. I thought it was a fair compromise when they changed it from fg to touchdown. FG is significantly easier to achieve but letting someone go the full 75 yards is another thing. Especially now that we're seeing 55+ FGs on a regular basis.

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Rule change should be

Force defenses to play their best so the coin flip winning team doesn't score!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74