CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread (or you can check out the stonks thread for crypto talk too lmaooo)

Firewall97

stay awhile and listen
Dec 28, 2002
Iowa
Was this posted yet?

yes

then there's this tweet

:uh:

also, here's some good news for chainlink hodlers

:coold:

Reactions: dorkultra

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
I trust Gemini the most but I pulled most of my stuff off it last night.

same boat, but leaving it on for now. they're based in NY state and voluntarily have all the financial license agencies up their asses, so it seems about as safe as it gets for a CEX

i'd pull all my ETH stuff to my mobile wallet but i have some weird hunch that keeping it there is marginally more risky :o can't really substantiate it though

Reactions: Kafka

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
same boat, but leaving it on for now. they're based in NY state and voluntarily have all the financial license agencies up their asses, so it seems about as safe as it gets for a CEX

i'd pull all my ETH stuff to my mobile wallet but i have some weird hunch that keeping it there is marginally more risky :o can't really substantiate it though
I put everything on a hardware wallet at this point, everything is just way too dicey for me rn.

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
Really hate having to delete the ftx app off my phone. Been using it for 5+ years since it was blockfolio. Anyone know of another app that will track coins/purchases and has a news feed?
same here, i'm probably going to use delta. i used it for a bit back in the day but liked blockfolio/ftx instead

good news for blockfolio users - if you're patient enough, the app is loading your transaction history. i've probably done 300 screenshots today :rofl:

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
what are yalls buying plans?

right now i'm sticking with steady DCAing into ETH for however long we're in a bear/accumulation, while also building cash reserves in case there's some sort of ultra aggressive capitulation down to like 500-700 or something

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
only alt i'm really interested in other than ETH is a little bit of LINK, QNT, and might buy a speculative bag of ATOM if it dips well below $10. i have a hunch it'll do well next cycle

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
i really need to take the plunge on a hardware wallet. i'm sure it's braindead easy, i just don't trust myself not to fuck things up somehow and end up losing everything :rofl:
It’s terrifying at first won’t lie to you. Puts the fear of God in you the first transactions you make moving things from custodial accounts to your hw wallet. But it is also a very good and safe process after you do it the first few times.

Reactions: Cicada and Phlab

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
i really need to take the plunge on a hardware wallet. i'm sure it's braindead easy, i just don't trust myself not to fuck things up somehow and end up losing everything :rofl:
got a couple of trezors. i used the one as a vault, never plug it in and only send crypto to it for long term storage. the other i use as a hotwallet, with a much lower balance

i bought a few kits for backing up my seed phrases, it's essentially a few pieces of stainless steel and a tool to scribe your words. hide them in secure places

Reactions: Phlab and Kafka

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
what are yalls buying plans?

right now i'm sticking with steady DCAing into ETH for however long we're in a bear/accumulation, while also building cash reserves in case there's some sort of ultra aggressive capitulation down to like 500-700 or something
buying back a bit more BTC, will buy more aggressively if it plunges into the low teens or sub 10k :eek3:
maybe some LINK :dunno:

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Nothing is going to happen to SBF either. He’s incredibly politically connected and has donated hundreds of millions to democrat causes. He’s also donated to some republicans.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Nothing is going to happen to SBF either. He’s incredibly politically connected and has donated hundreds of millions to democrat causes. He’s also donated to some republicans.
Lol he also lost a lot of rich people money

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
crazy thing is, w/o this, i think the better-than-expected CPI numbers and ensuing s&p surge would've popped ETH up to 2k, BTC toward 25k, decent bear market rally

instead we have what we have

there's prob still a couple of months to see what the true contagion effects of FTX blowing up are, but other than some sort of new spectacularly aggressive regulations, this really does feel like the season finale of this cycle's bear market catalysts :rofl:

havenfx

OT Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
NC
crazy thing is, w/o this, i think the better-than-expected CPI numbers and ensuing s&p surge would've popped ETH up to 2k, BTC toward 25k, decent bear market rally

instead we have what we have

there's prob still a couple of months to see what the true contagion effects of FTX blowing up are, but other than some sort of new spectacularly aggressive regulations, this really does feel like the season finale of this cycle's bear market catalysts :rofl:
I read this tweet as well

chubby

Jun 7, 2006
Orange County, CA / Phoenix, AZ
I'll probably sit this one out, other than dabbling a bit if eth hits triple digits. I can't see any large firms investing in to anything after this damn fiasco, unless there's regulation and protection in place.

But then again its crypto, so who the hell knows.

• Cool
Reactions: Firewall97

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman