CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread (or you can check out the stonks thread for crypto talk too lmaooo)

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
So they found SBF’s girlfriend’s old tumblr posts (that’s where he met her). This bitch weird as hell.
View attachment 276257
More here:
yeah I saw some of those posts on twitter. It really shows how insanely fucked up & different people in the higher echelons of society live. The whole Epstein island thing. Like... that's what people like Bill Gates & Elon Musk do with their free time. Absolute bonkers.

Reactions: Kafka

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
the irony about current events w/ FTX, the contagion/mayhem that ensues, and the rock bottom sheer hopelessness in the sentiment.. the next few months to a year are gonna be the lowest risk time to accumulate :o

in 2017 when the market melted down and the SEC was talking about ETH (and virtually the entire altcoin market) being illegal securities, people thought it was game over too. arguably this FTX situation is worse, but greed is greed - people have short memories, and i feel like there's a 99% likelihood things pump like crazy the instant risk assets are back on

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
the impulse to slow down or pause fiat purchases during this ultra discouraging, uncertain time is super understandable, but also explains how people end up missing on the outsize multiples people see on btc/eth

Reactions: dorkultra

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
as always, you only put in what you can afford to lose.. but just analyzing my own sentiment.. i bought all the ETH dips on the way down (starting at around 3-3.5k) - i'd only be playing myself if i suddenly stopped once prices approached a bottom for a year :rofl:

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
i think the important thing is to be patient.. if there was gonna be another couple months of down and a 6-12 months of sideways, this FTX uncertainty (and the fear of regulations) might add another year or two to the crypto bear lol

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
sidenote: i don't believe in SOL at all, never bought a penny -- but if it goes to 98% down, i'm def gonna scoop up a bag. it really is starting to feel similar to cardano to me - terrible shitcoin, but big enough community (w/ enough conviction) that it has the narrative to reach its previous ATH the next cycle

Reactions: Jeebus

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
some dude at the bar was telling me all about how great CRO is. I didn't mention anything about crypto, he just started talking about BTC and CRO as he was paying for his bill. Makes me think we're nowhere near the bottom.
waiting for more despair tweets

Reactions: AndyP

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
everyone says it. but now I know why anyone that's survived a crypto winter becomes a btc maxi. I thought VCs were a good thing for crypto because it was a bridge for liquidity & more normies to get onboarded to crypto. But VCs are just profit maxi retards that are worse traders than me.
I think the only assets I see surviving long-term are btc, eth, and uniroincally, doge.

stonesthrow

Grand puba and dattie, ridin shotty in the maserat
OT Supporter
Jan 4, 2008
everyone says it. but now I know why anyone that's survived a crypto winter becomes a btc maxi. I thought VCs were a good thing for crypto because it was a bridge for liquidity & more normies to get onboarded to crypto. But VCs are just profit maxi retards that are worse traders than me.
I think the only assets I see surviving long-term are btc, eth, and uniroincally, doge.
Why would you see Eth surviving if none of the projects programmed on top of Eth won’t survive?

stonesthrow

Grand puba and dattie, ridin shotty in the maserat
OT Supporter
Jan 4, 2008
Provenance, simple as that. Same reason btc and doge have stuck around.
Ok but it doesn't make sense to believe ETH will make it, but not any of the projects programmed on top of ETH, which is the ENTIRE point of ETH.

Laserbeak

Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!
Oct 5, 2001
WA

Yeah, it seems to be trending in that direction, at least from what I see as a non-expert-by-any-stretch-of-the-imagination person. The household name cryptos that also have had real work put into it to be used for its original purpose (a form of payment for goods and services) I can see sticking around once the dust from this trainwreck settles.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Ok but it doesn't make sense to believe ETH will make it, but not any of the projects programmed on top of ETH, which is the ENTIRE point of ETH.
doge is a worthless memecoin and it hasn't gone away either.
eth is outperforming btc rn. It still hasn't gone below $1000 & still well above its June lows despite everything that's gone down. It's got some level of resilience. That and the promise of zkrollups sharding etc. Even though it's likely much easier to start fresh, its basically where the vast majority of onchain activity takes place :dunno:

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I personally hate my experience using ETH but I feel like I gotta adapt to survive. The horses I bet on look to be walking corpses at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman