CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread (or you can check out the stonks thread for crypto talk too lmaooo)

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
idk about you guys, but i dont trust any exchange or the people that run them, including CZ and binance

i'll keep a bit of fiat on gemini in case i want to pickup something. technically it should be fdic insured, but reading through the agreement, it could go either way based on which bank is holding the fiat
the worst case scenario would be to transfer in a bunch of fiat and buy some crypto and then get stuck waiting for the ach to clear, meanwhile the exchange pauses withdrawals

pull your crypt off of exchanges, store it in a custodial wallet, use 2fa, never share your seed words, have a separate bank account just for crypto, flip your passwords after you link an account with plaid etc

Reactions: Kafka

MarylandTerps

Sep 9, 2011
St. Petersburg (not Russia)
idk about you guys, but i dont trust any exchange or the people that run them, including CZ and binance

i'll keep a bit of fiat on gemini in case i want to pickup something. technically it should be fdic insured, but reading through the agreement, it could go either way based on which bank is holding the fiat
the worst case scenario would be to transfer in a bunch of fiat and buy some crypto and then get stuck waiting for the ach to clear, meanwhile the exchange pauses withdrawals

pull your crypt off of exchanges, store it in a custodial wallet, use 2fa, never share your seed words, have a separate bank account just for crypto, flip your passwords after you link an account with plaid etc

This is what happened to me on FTX with about $1500. Luckily I never really kept more on the platform than what my ACH deposits were but still, I'm likely out 1500

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
This is what happened to me on FTX with about $1500. Luckily I never really kept more on the platform than what my ACH deposits were but still, I'm likely out 1500
damn that sucks bro
I think I still have some on gemini and coinbase

Laserbeak

Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!
Oct 5, 2001
WA

Yeah, I didn't trust any exchange that wasn't entirely headquartered inside of the U.S. Too many red flags there for my liking. I rolled with Bittrex myself. I only linked my account with Bittrex only when I was ready to make a fiat withdrawl, and disconnected it as soon as the transfer process completed. So far, no problems.

👍for 2FA on anything.

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
bab3e51d07da9ee12c12ae8b631cb058cf0d1562.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman