CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread (or you can check out the stonks thread for crypto talk too lmaooo)

Firewall97

stay awhile and listen
Dec 28, 2002
Iowa
I don’t see how it would be implemented if it doesn’t go both ways. Government accountability is about the only positive thing that could come out of it for the average citizen.
I concur. maybe if people were actually held accountable at the highest level there would be far less corruption and the world could be at peace as well as being far more advanced than our current state.

at least we have the Internet lol :o

Reactions: fuqxyu

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
I concur. maybe if people were actually held accountable at the highest level there would be far less corruption and the world could be at peace as well as being far more advanced than our current state.

at least we have the Internet lol :o
the internet never forgets

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
man the gemini shit was fucking terrifying earlier today

woke up to hear the genesis thing killing gemini earn

insecurely thought "well, that's the earn product - they tell you up front you can lose your money. it's separate from their non-earn exchange and custody"

felt very uneasy for an hour or so, then thought "fuck it, i'm pulling my shit off and into a metamask juuust in case"

tried to log into gemini, and it was down :rofl:

then it came back up after a butthole puckering hour, and they said "withdrawals are suspended" on ETH

thought "well, i'm a fucking moron. it's all gone. it's over"

then withdrawals opened up

pulled all my ETH..

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
i still think gemini is genuinely safe AF, and holding my stuff in a hot software wallet is somewhat risky (sim swaps etc), but for the next 2-3 months til this contagion plays out, i think it's marginally safer keeping it stored on another device i hold the keys to

Reactions: dorkultra and Kafka

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
starting to think tho.. if i do keep stuff on a CEX, coinbase miiiight be safer than gemini. if anything happened to coinbase, crypto would be over for like 10 years. gemini is a much smaller entity

Reactions: SquirtRussel

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
i still think gemini is genuinely safe AF, and holding my stuff in a hot software wallet is somewhat risky (sim swaps etc), but for the next 2-3 months til this contagion plays out, i think it's marginally safer keeping it stored on another device i hold the keys to
I think significantly safer. Get a ledger.

Reactions: Phlab

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
starting to think tho.. if i do keep stuff on a CEX, coinbase miiiight be safer than gemini. if anything happened to coinbase, crypto would be over for like 10 years. gemini is a much smaller entity
if coinbase goes down
SHIT

Reactions: Achance007

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
if coinbase goes down
SHIT

ya.. i know right?

gemini going insolvent would be colossal, since it's US-based and extremely regulated.. but crypto would bounce back and forget quickly, since there aren't that many folks on gemini

coinbase going down would be so bad, if you lost all your money there, it wouldn't even matter :rofl: the market would melt down so bad, we'd all be starting from scratch anyway

Reactions: SquirtRussel

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
ya.. i know right?

gemini going insolvent would be colossal, since it's US-based and extremely regulated.. but crypto would bounce back and forget quickly, since there aren't that many folks on gemini

coinbase going down would be so bad, if you lost all your money there, it wouldn't even matter :rofl: the market would melt down so bad, we'd all be starting from scratch anyway
if coinbase goes down

RIP free coins from taking quizzes

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
imo coinbase is the safest CEX out there, simply bc they're a public company. But tbh it's still "not your keys not your coins", and no telling if they can truly survive a bank run. So on chain wallet is still your safest option.

Reactions: Phlab

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
imo coinbase is the safest CEX out there, simply bc they're a public company. But tbh it's still "not your keys not your coins", and no telling if they can truly survive a bank run. So on chain wallet is still your safest option.

yeah agreed

out of laziness, devil's advocate is like.. with bank runs and exchanges going insolvent - if either coinbase or binance go down, crypto is genuinely gonna be so scorched, everything will go down like 98%, you could just start fresh for a couple of grand at that point lol

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
yeah agreed

out of laziness, devil's advocate is like.. with bank runs and exchanges going insolvent - if either coinbase or binance go down, crypto is genuinely gonna be so scorched, everything will go down like 98%, you could just start fresh for a couple of grand at that point lol
Pretty much agreed. Binance especially.

moobs

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2007
Austin
Honestly, we just need everyone and everywhere to start accepting stable coins. On and off ramps would be irrelevant and no real need for cexes.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman