CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread (or you can check out the stonks thread for crypto talk too lmaooo)

MarylandTerps

Sep 9, 2011
St. Petersburg (not Russia)
What differentiates NEAR from other L1s? Is it more performant than SOL or does it plan to play host to a bunch of dApps like ETH?
Have they come out and announced their runway as far as funding is concerned?

This questions are coming from a place of ignorance, I honestly don't know. But not all L1s are gonna survive and I'm curious what makes you all think that NEAR will?

• Haha
Reactions: intro_vert13

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
What differentiates NEAR from other L1s? Is it more performant than SOL or does it plan to play host to a bunch of dApps like ETH?
Have they come out and announced their runway as far as funding is concerned?

This questions are coming from a place of ignorance, I honestly don't know. But not all L1s are gonna survive and I'm curious what makes you all think that NEAR will?
its got a nice UX and it's built on rust ala SOL (which obviously hasn't helped SOL, but it does mean fast tps & safer smart contracts). The biggest tech advantage was that it had sharding already built into the core architecture, so it could theoretically scale infinitely as more delegators are brought in.
You can see ref.finance of a well executed NEAR dApp.
Problem is, it never got much traction compared to SOL. It started reaching some good milestones right as the bear market started. Combine that with it being heavily held by VCs, and it's pretty grim. I still follow it in a few discords tho. They're still building so I may come back.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
same
the circulating/max supply on CMC seems weird. Most of their supply is already circulating?
NEAR has 5% annual inflation and a bunch of locked tokens still. Don't pay attention to CMC
That said, they're circulating supply is way more reasonable than say, a typical recent launch with only 10% in circulation.

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
Feb 2, 2004
NEAR has 5% annual inflation and a bunch of locked tokens still. Don't pay attention to CMC
That said, they're circulating supply is way more reasonable than say, a typical recent launch with only 10% in circulation.
I guess I will wait for sub $1 NEAR

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I guess I will wait for sub $1 NEAR
nobody here talks about ATOM but a lot of the folks in the discord chans I'm in are stacking it rn. It's the only "novel blockchain" I have yet to do any major research on (not counting the newcomers like sui/aptos)
thinking of doing some research and buying a bag

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
nobody here talks about ATOM but a lot of the folks in the discord chans I'm in are stacking it rn. It's the only "novel blockchain" I have yet to do any major research on (not counting the newcomers like sui/aptos)
thinking of doing some research and buying a bag
This is not the time to get into the smallcoins imo because when the next bull run happens it’ll be a whole different set of smallcoins that likely pop. Just my opinion :o

Reactions: aloe

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman