CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread - so...WHO'S HIRING???

Firewall97

stay awhile and listen
Dec 28, 2002
Iowa
How would you be able to use SOL to process transactions on the ETH blockchain? They're separate. It's like trying to put a US dollar bill into a vending machine that only accepts Euros.
Chainlink is already the Oracle of the blockchains . Just take it a step further and begin by transacting Link on the Solana network. Can it be wrapped? I'm sure there are ways to make this happen.

Reactions: Jats

Chris87

shyppo.com
Dec 13, 2001
Edmonton, AB
Link exists (in wrapped form or whatever) on the Binance chain, so based on that, it could exist on the Solana chain, no?

EDIT: Also, the chainlink oracle is being used by Pancakeswap on BSC. I had to think about that for a minute, but they have some degen gambling section of their site and the price action was fucked for the longest of times, and everyone was complaining, so they brought Link in to fix it

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewall97 and Jats

Jats

Mar 17, 2011
Link exists (in wrapped form or whatever) on the Binance chain, so based on that, it could exist on the Solana chain, no?
Yeah this, you can buy btc, avax etc on sol, I'm waiting for wrapped link on sol. Someone tell Sergey to make it happen plz

• Love
Reactions: Firewall97

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
hmm...ok. i can explain. chainlink runs on the erc20 blockchain and all transactions on that blockchain use eth as gas to pay for fees. so instead of reinventing a 'chainlink' for the solana blockchain, they simply integrate the product fully. chainlink hodlers can then have the option of using SOL to pay for fees when they transact. 😎

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take ERC20 no transacting for fees if SOL, so transact SOL u dont pay, u get LINK but for SOL it no fees, so ERC20 would be for SOL if u werent a LINK?

• Sad

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
so instead of reinventing a 'chainlink' for the solana blockchain, they simply integrate the product fully. chainlink hodlers can then have the option of using SOL to pay for fees when they transact. 😎
that's not really chainlink's choice. SOL uses Pyth, and we know how that goes sometimes.

fundamentally, LINK is chain agnostic. Any chain can use it. it's pretty much akin to an API framework. It's up to the project/developers if they want to leverage it.

i think i posted this a while back -- LINK enables things like this; extend the concept a little further and yeah, it's basically doing what you said.

"The LINK token is an ERC677 token that inherits functionality from the ERC20 token standard and allows token transfers to contain a data payload. Read more about the ERC677 transferAndCall token standard."

LINK is an ERC-677 compliant token which implements transferAndCall, a function that allows tokens to be transferred whilst also triggering logic in the receiving contract within a single transaction.

Chainlink is already the Oracle of the blockchains . Just take it a step further and begin by transacting Link on the Solana network. Can it be wrapped? I'm sure there are ways to make this happen.
the end goal is things not needing to be wrapped.

• Support
TS
TS
intro_vert13

intro_vert13

∞/21M
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
>hey ChainLink, can we have a price feed that pauses when it hits this level of volatility
>uhhh yeah sure thing bud
>hits volatility condition
>pauses
>OHHHHHHH LINKIESSSSSSS HAHAHAHAHA ITS OVER ITS OOOOOVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

this post seems to sum it up well

chainlink is king
idk what any of this means so either

hell yeah brother or
I'm sorry this happened to you

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
no, just hodl if you're already in. This is not a good area to sell if you're not a day trader.

most of my stuff is already so down im just holding

but im only like 10% down on btc and think its likely going lower

im going to start dca when i think we are closer to the bottom

Reactions: Cicada

fuqxyu

Thank you for the alpha
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
LMAO

fc05f844-da59-4f89-8971-57dcaef982cf-png.221220

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
i should be able to declare my swap of UST to USDC as a capital loss right?
also, haven't sold my Luna yet, but i figure that will also be a loss

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club
idk what any of this means so either

hell yeah brother or
I'm sorry this happened to you

Link did its job and worked like it was supposed to. However, you had several protocols (Blizz on Avax being one) that failed to pause their usage of these price feeds and continued to accept Luna at the last given price that was no longer accurate. They failed to act due to ignorance/negligence/they were on sabbatical deep in the rainforest and unaware/whatever. These protocols were then exploited and drained by attackers. They are now trying to shift the blame away from themselves and onto Chainlink. Dumb people are now going to say "Hurr durr Link sucks!"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448