CREW TECH OFFICIAL Crypto Thread - so...WHO'S HIRING???

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
observing certain OTers doing victory laps is an absolutely fascinating look into the pathologies these ppl have in order to make themselves feel better about their own portfolios :rofl:
Ooof, I can see the stuff I say coming off this way. edit: Not that I feel victorious but I've posted stuff that's going well but I'm getting gaped like everyone else. Investing is all I think about so it's all I want to talk about and post a lot of what I'm doing. Idk where else to post about it.

I sat for a min after reading then was like "if you don't know who "that guy" is, it's probably you" :rofl:

Last edited:

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
I'm fairly convinced at this point that these guys bought some at the top and this is how they cope with that loss. They're going to be shocked at what comes next including stocks. I hope they're all very very short just like the rest of retail traders.
I'm warming up for a Father's Day melt.

Who are these guys and what is a victory lap?

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
I think they're talking about some of the dudes in the stonks thread who are very vocal about their hatred for crypto when it's down, but are way too busy to notice when it's up.
Ah yeah victory threw me off because I'm always thinking in gains or losses but I can see if @intro_vert13 was referring to them thinking their assumptions are correct. Schadenfreude maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: cbpage

Faikius

Jul 2, 2003
Tomball, TX
Thats a good question. Many people think a housing dip is near

Housing dip is absolutely coming. The recession is just getting started and mortgage rates are likely to keep rising for the next two years. Might be a bit cynical, but I personally expect the economy to start recovering mid-2024. The economy recovering in an election year? Shocking.

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
Housing dip is absolutely coming. The recession is just getting started and mortgage rates are likely to keep rising for the next two years. Might be a bit cynical, but I personally expect the economy to start recovering mid-2024. The economy recovering in an election year? Shocking.
I certainly am surprised how quickly things have changed. I really think if (chip) shortages caught up that things would recover more easily.

Faikius

Jul 2, 2003
Tomball, TX
I certainly am surprised how quickly things have changed. I really think if (chip) shortages caught up that things would recover more easily.

Supply chain issues should start to resolve as inflation cools. Going to be 1-2 years for things to get back to "normal" though. China abandoning their "Zero Covid" strategy, and the war in Ukraine ending would help a ton as well.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Thats a good question. Many people think a housing dip is near
I mostly agree with the top comment. Depends on so many personal variables like how much better would it improve quality of life owning vs renting and not trying to get the perfect entry in RE or stonks.

Wife and I are currently trying to time a dip that may or may not come.

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 9.26.47 AM.png

Reactions: Cicada

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV

SBF might step in and bail out some of these hugely indebted lenders.
Could be where we finally see a bounce.

Also SBF liked that tweet

Last edited:
Reactions: SquirtRussel

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
But will the rising interest rates make the housing dip less appealing?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds