CREW *Official Do it To it Thread* Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear Dockers, Clark's, and stink like cigs.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
"Told client don't use a 14 year old used desktop for their one and only business server running two businesses CRM's and inventory management systems. Told them they should automate backups to a separate system, use a RAID1 at least....something...nope too expensive, we can't afford a new desktop, we cant afford new drives... Server gets installed on used no-name SSD on a 14 year old used desktop...

I got the call today, 1 year later almost on the dot. It's all gone, 20 million dollar business lost the last 6 months of data, database of clients, client forms, banking documents, everything. The only reason they even have anything is I convinced the owner to at least let me come in and do a manual backup 6 months ago.

Unbelievable, I don't know where they come from, I basically pleaded with him to at least buy some brand name drives. They dig their own grave but damn if it isn't hard to watch

Edit: Business is a dealership, the salesmen lost most of their data as well, client lists, who bought what, it's a missing paperwork nightmare."

:bowrofl:
Sounds about right

Reactions: whatever

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
"Told client don't use a 14 year old used desktop for their one and only business server running two businesses CRM's and inventory management systems. Told them they should automate backups to a separate system, use a RAID1 at least....something...nope too expensive, we can't afford a new desktop, we cant afford new drives... Server gets installed on used no-name SSD on a 14 year old used desktop...

I got the call today, 1 year later almost on the dot. It's all gone, 20 million dollar business lost the last 6 months of data, database of clients, client forms, banking documents, everything. The only reason they even have anything is I convinced the owner to at least let me come in and do a manual backup 6 months ago.

Unbelievable, I don't know where they come from, I basically pleaded with him to at least buy some brand name drives. They dig their own grave but damn if it isn't hard to watch

Edit: Business is a dealership, the salesmen lost most of their data as well, client lists, who bought what, it's a missing paperwork nightmare."

:bowrofl:
Jeeeeesus

TigreTek

omega member
OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2001
what a dumb financial decision considering the new generation mules are already out testing
You guys can all come give me shit for this but I don’t want to buy the first year of a new model given that I expect them to have all sorts of teething issues.

• Clown
Reactions: whatever

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
You guys can all come give me shit for this but I don’t want to buy the first year of a new model given that I expect them to have all sorts of teething issues.
meh, I have a first model year Ford in the garage right now, no issues

they'll fix anything major and the new Mustang isn't that much different

Reactions: tetaplum
TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Pushed snow for 3 hours

Hop out

Detail manager backs into employee car 3 minutes later

Then I plowed for another 4 hours

Just got done with the final salt at 850pm

We close at 9

Fuck snow

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
@Do it To it got any recommendations for buying a new Honda Odyssey EX-L or Elite for the wife? or a new Sienna. limited supply of both in my area (midwest).

or should @NiggaPHX420 ship it to me?
Tbh I have no idea where to tell you to look.

A lot of dealers simply aren't doing out of state deals.

If they are, they're commanding premiums/ADM's/requiring financing/etc.

It's all a fucking mess right now brother. And the manufacturers are loving it. Dealers are loving it. Everyone is going to do everything they can to keep things the way they are for as long as possible.

If you find one you like at a price that's reasonable given the current market - DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY IT. If you don't it very well could be gone tomrorow.

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74