*****Official NHL 2022-2023 Season Thread*****Conference finals! STARS vs KNIGHTS/ PANTHERS vs CANES

Watching Quest for the Cup Ep.1 on ESPN+

Really nice seeing a lot of behind scenes action, trash talk on the ice, etc.

They should move to Quebec City because it has had an NHL-sized hockey stadium ready there for several years.

The problem is Mr. Buttman. He seems not to allow the move.

I hate Bettman and think any league growth he's overseen has been almost accidental and not because of his actual management. But I do understand the premise of the NHL fighting to keep a team in Phoenix (or trying yet again in Atlanta as they seem to want). They want and need to get new fans interested in hockey, and have been ham-fistedly jamming franchises into non-hockey cities for a couple decades chasing those potential fans. All the people in Quebec who would go to Nordicoyote games are already watching the NHL, just as fans of the Habs/Laffs/Sens/etc..
I'm not saying I approve, but I understand it from a business standpoint. :hsj:

I hate Bettman and think any league growth he's overseen has been almost accidental and not because of his actual management. But I do understand the premise of the NHL fighting to keep a team in Phoenix (or trying yet again in Atlanta as they seem to want). They want and need to get new fans interested in hockey, and have been ham-fistedly jamming franchises into non-hockey cities for a couple decades chasing those potential fans. All the people in Quebec who would go to Nordicoyote games are already watching the NHL, just as fans of the Habs/Laffs/Sens/etc..
Supposedly they move to Quebec City and it means that Detroit will move back to the Western Conference which is something that they do not want.

If they move to Houston, then Columbus will have to move to the Western Conference if I understand correctly.

oh dang @SR_71 sighting what's up man

would love to see Quebec have a team but i saw a Ramparts game in that rink and it seems awfully small to support an NHL crowd and media

• Love
Reactions: SR_71
Supposedly they move to Quebec City and it means that Detroit will move back to the Western Conference which is something that they do not want.

If they move to Houston, then Columbus will have to move to the Western Conference if I understand correctly.
If they move to Houston, why would anyone have to switch conferences? There's zero chance they would want Houston in the East.

dang you know what you're right, this was a few years ago and I think they have the upper bowl divided off for the Q so that messed up my perception
Yeah, they do block off the upper bowl for q games. Maybe playoffs they'll open them up for them if there's demand.

oh dang @SR_71 sighting what's up man

would love to see Quebec have a team but i saw a Ramparts game in that rink and it seems awfully small to support an NHL crowd and media
Hey! It is great to see you here. I had been kind of quiet in this thread cuz my Habs which are full with a lot of youngsters, especially on defence, played not great.

• Support
Reactions: Boudreaux
This. Looking at an untapped market, even with its challenges and risks, is WAY more lucrative long-term for the NHL if they're able to establish a foothold. Sure Quebec could sell tickets fill an arena, but that's not nearly as much as what getting a community like Houston on-board with the NHL would do.

Reactions: cASe SenSiTive

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.15.1 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Maxkramer