CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter

Latest first page update above. Video says it all, you are getting this virus one way or another. Do yourself a favor and do your best to limit it's impact on you and your family. Or do whatever it is you are going to do, knowing you will eventually contract this virus. Good Luck everyone.

WHO finally admits this is aerosolized.

*EDIT*

Want to do something easy to help, click here

It is aerosolized.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

US Canada Border being shut to non-commercial traffic

Going to start adding useful links by request

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+john+campbell

https://ncov2019.live/data

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

@Laserbeak's daily update Updated 7-10 realtime headlines and news (going to quote his post at the end of this post because theres a lot of valueable info here)

1584395392097.png

If you want to read the original thread, https://offtopic.com/threads/official-covid-19-®-pandemic-party.5655096/ @phat🐄 put this on the map here, we can post speculation and POL content in there since it is already tagged. *EDIT*

Since the original official thread has been politicized, I am posting some of the latest updates and important points since many of you might not see the thread or have revisited. Any POL comments will be reported and I will hand out lengthy bans if necessary!

With that out of the way many people, including myself, believe this is the beginning of a pandemic. While I don't think this is the end of the world, it is appropriate to mitigate the risk to yourself and your family. Now is the time to be aware of the eventuality of this becoming a communal disease worldwide. (as some confirmed details below will illustrate)

Things we know
  • Covid-19 IS aerosolized, meaning that it is not just droplets from coughing that are of concern, but greater distance and longevity to airborne particulates.
  • There are now SEVERAL confirmed cases (including deaths) that CANNOT be linked to the epicenter epidemiologically. Meaning no travel to china or contact with known infected travelers. (Italy and Iran confirm)
  • R0 is ~2.6 (for every 1 person 2.6 people become infected) these are preliminary numbers and are likely to change as we start seeing more world wide spread with more western and open countries reporting numbers.
  • There are "super spreaders" who are infectious well before displaying symptoms (one individual from the UK has an R0 of 11 at this point)
  • Case fatality rate is approximately 1.8% (people that contract the virus who die)
  • Rate of serious infection is approximately 2.6%
  • Severity instance increases as age increases
  • Dr. John Campbell is a solid source of information who posts to youtube regularly https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+john+campbell
  • It is expected we should see peak transmission within China in the next 2-4 weeks, and then roughly a month or two worldwide after that.
  • The virus does not seem to be slowed by warm weather as others, as evident by transmission in countries like Singapore, Iran etc.
Hi Everyone,

I have everything fully up and running, now that I got a spare couple of minutes, I wanted to share it with you so that you can stay informed of what's going on around the world regarding the virus wherever you go. Thanks so much for your patience in all this, you all have been awesome and very understanding, and I definitely appreciate it. :)

These are all split up by global region, so you can stay connected with what's going on in most any part of the world.

These also update in real time, but you'll need to refresh the page to get the absolute latest updates since it doesn't auto-refresh in real time like Twitter does.

If you'd like direct links to the individual news feeds without visiting the site, here they are:

You don't need any apps to view them, just a regular Web browser will do. It also appears to work fine on mobile device browsers too. There's also no login required to read any of this, nor are there any ads or tracking cookies other than the default ones that Google Sites supplies with a stock site. Feel free to share this out with whoever you think could benefit from this.

I'll update the site so it shows specifically what news sources are used in this aggregator, but if you're interested in having a news source added to this, let me know and I'll check it out and add it if it looks like a solid news source.

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing any of this. Stay safe everyone. :)

Some recent noteworthy posts from the other thread. Will add more since I am limited to 5 media items.

Our boy is doing a live stream right now and will be doing a full live chat saturday @ 7pm his time (2pm eastern)

Last edited:

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
There's some speculation that due to exposure to much higher viral loads, the severity of young healthcare workers is worse that typical patienrs. E.G. the whistleblower doctor's patient was a seafood market worker and this was before the outbreak was known, and much worse exposure.

Also that men in china on average smoke much more than women, so that may play a part as well.

Reactions: TenSteel and Ceaze
TS
TS
Normie

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
There's some speculation that due to exposure to much higher viral loads, the severity of young healthcare workers is worse that typical patienrs. E.G. the whistleblower doctor's patient was a seafood market worker and this was before the outbreak was known, and much worse exposure.

Also that men in china on average smoke much more than women, so that may play a part as well.
I'm guessing that the exposure came before identification and little if any PPE was utilized

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I'm guessing that the exposure came before identification and little if any PPE was utilized

One article I read indicated that exposure to higher viral loads, such as bodily fluids, can overwhelm the immune system.

This makes sense, as it takes your body a few days to recognize pathogens and create enough antibodies to mount a defense.

If you have inhaled (made up value 1) virions vs inhaled (made up number 1000), it takes that first value longer to do damage than the second before your immune system can respond. So exposure to the second value may be too much damage

Reactions: Cicada and Normie

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
A guy at my gym was claiming to be quarantined in Wuhan for 2 days, then went to another town and was quarantines for 2 weeks. After he got home our medical officer would not let him back to work for 2 weeks. Is 2 weeks good enough? I heard it may take up to 3 weeks to show symptoms.

TS
TS
Normie

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
A guy at my gym was claiming to be quarantined in Wuhan for 2 days, then went to another town and was quarantines for 2 weeks. After he got home our medical officer would not let him back to work for 2 weeks. Is 2 weeks good enough? I heard it may take up to 3 weeks to show symptoms.
I would do my best to avoid the dude TBH, with the emergence of the potential for "super seeders" I'd be wary.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529