CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
My nephew was just at a party with his football team on Friday. Had the sniffles starting today with a mild cough. Tested positive.

His dad found out one of the kids tested positive on Thurs and his parents still let him go to the party the next day. What the fuck...

• Sad
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I know some of you won't agree but I don't even plan on getting my 6 and 2 year old vaccinated.

Unless some other lethal strain comes around of course.
you do you. Just make sure to think about long term covid issues.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
My nephew was just at a party with his football team on Friday. Had the sniffles starting today with a mild cough. Tested positive.

His dad found out one of the kids tested positive on Thurs and his parents still let him go to the party the next day. What the fuck...
Yeah this is another reason I made sure my little one was vaccinated, people are idiots

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
This month, a team at Harvard led by Dr. David Liu launched a new generation of molecular carriers inspired by viruses. Dubbed engineered virus-like particles (eVLPs), these bubble-like carriers can deliver CRISPR and base editing components to a myriad of organs with minimal side effects.

• Angry
Reactions: Nikuk

FreakinSyco

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2004
A note. This is not myself or family but a general POV from rural Oklahoma:

This is done. Everyone has it or has had it. You're dead if it was bad. This is fine. Keep the kids in school. Its just a seasonal cough. Go to work. Cant be positive if you don't test. It's over. Why are they sending us tests?

My POV: I hate it. I also love the fact that my kids have had zero negative educational effects because we never stopped schooling other than maybe two weeks. We got lucky. Omicron was a savior. If it had actually killed people... well that would be progress. As it is the morons get to trot out the "no big deal, I've had it" line constantly.

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
This month, a team at Harvard led by Dr. David Liu launched a new generation of molecular carriers inspired by viruses. Dubbed engineered virus-like particles (eVLPs), these bubble-like carriers can deliver CRISPR and base editing components to a myriad of organs with minimal side effects.
in for anti covid virus

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
today i tested negative with a home antigen test. still have some lingering mild symptoms...runny nose, slight cough. 90% better
got a positive pcr test 2 weeks ago with sore throat/runny nose/fatigue but no fever or loss of taste/smell tho
double pfizer vaccinated and moderna booster last month
hth

• Support
Reactions: crotch

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005

This is done. Everyone has it or has had it. You're dead if it was bad. This is fine. Keep the kids in school. Its just a seasonal cough. Go to work. Cant be positive if you don't test. It's over. Why are they sending us tests?

My POV: I hate it. I also love the fact that my kids have had zero negative educational effects because we never stopped schooling other than maybe two weeks. We got lucky. Omicron was a savior. If it had actually killed people... well that would be progress. As it is the morons get to trot out the "no big deal, I've had it" line constantly.
The psyco in me really wishes that the corn would mutate into something so deadly it makes delta look like a two year old playing in a sandbox to anyone unvaxed.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Face coverings will no longer be mandatory - with the requirement dropped for secondary pupils in classrooms from tomorrow.

The PM said England was reverting to "Plan A" due to boosters and how people had followed Plan B measures.

And face masks will no longer be mandated, though people are still advised to wear coverings in enclosed or crowded spaces, particularly when meeting strangers.

From Thursday, secondary school pupils will no longer have to wear face masks in classrooms and the Department of Education will remove guidance on their use in communal areas "shortly", the PM added.

The prime minister also said the government intended to end the legal requirement for people to self-isolate after they test positive for Covid.
He said while self-isolation regulations remain in place for now, as Covid becomes endemic they would need to be replaced with advice and guidance.

They really going for it :omg:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

isnt your state having state workers sub in schools since your teachers are so fucked?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74