CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
Wonder if I should boost up in a month or two after catching both delta and omicron. I thought delta would have protected me from the cron but was sorely mistaken there.

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
How aggressive was he "encouraging?"
Orange County Medical Director Dr. Raul Pino wrote an email to staff on Jan. 4th encouraging them to get vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.

In it he wrote, “I have a hard time understanding how we can be in public health and not practice it.”

After sending the email he was placed on administrative leave.

In an email to WMFE, the Florida Department of Health has confirmed Pino was put on leave because, “the decision to get vaccinated is a personal choice that should be free from coercion and mandates from employers.”

Florida DOH says it’s even conducting an inquiry into whether any laws were broken by sending the email.

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has banned vaccine mandates in the workplace, and the state has seen a surge in Omicron cases.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
The $6 antibody test was a waste it’s a quantitative so don’t think it can differentiate the difference between vaccine or natural exposure. I want one of those reports like dude had in the POL thread

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Orange County Medical Director Dr. Raul Pino wrote an email to staff on Jan. 4th encouraging them to get vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.

In it he wrote, “I have a hard time understanding how we can be in public health and not practice it.”

After sending the email he was placed on administrative leave.

In an email to WMFE, the Florida Department of Health has confirmed Pino was put on leave because, “the decision to get vaccinated is a personal choice that should be free from coercion and mandates from employers.”

Florida DOH says it’s even conducting an inquiry into whether any laws were broken by sending the email.

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has banned vaccine mandates in the workplace, and the state has seen a surge in Omicron cases.
Reported for POL, enjoy your vacation sir

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Sitting in the carpool line, kids are on the playground there is no way in hell they aren’t just spreading The Cron amongst each other left and right, 99 percent don’t wear a mask outdoors and they are hugging, jumping, yelling, etc :rofl:

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
our local health department reports on variants in the community, the last two weeks Delta has been way over the top of Omicron so it is really hard to tell how much bias to put into those numbers.

Because if the cron affects more people at a less severe rate they may only go get tested if they need to be hospitalized and or are suffering on the bad side of mild. Whereas if you get delta you are going to the hospital at a higher rate, so it makes sense that Delta is higher.

I can't just go bare face yet, when my daughter is 3 months away from at least her first shot.

Reactions: Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
our local health department reports on variants in the community, the last two weeks Delta has been way over the top of Omicron so it is really hard to tell how much bias to put into those numbers.

Because if the cron affects more people at a less severe rate they may only go get tested if they need to be hospitalized and or are suffering on the bad side of mild. Whereas if you get delta you are going to the hospital at a higher rate, so it makes sense that Delta is higher.

I can't just go bare face yet, when my daughter is 3 months away from at least her first shot.
Makes total sense, I wasn’t as comfortable as I am now when my daughter wasn’t vaccinated even though her risk is low.

Reactions: 10dementianal

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74