CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
I’m really hoping this goes well for England :o

It will likely be fine.

They’re coming down from their Omicron wave. We will likely, and should, do the same when coming down from ours.

Masks and restrictions are still important right now as the sheer number of cases risk overwhelming hospitals and causing detrimental effects to overall healthcare access - we want to spread that out over, oh, 2 months rather than the 1 that The Cron prefers - but as Omicron winds down, we should be good to significantly relax a lot of measures.

Jazz

Powerhouse of the Scrum
Mar 14, 2000
Whistler, BC
Been in the gym with a bunch of sweating, mouth breathing, 30 percent vaccination rate GA people all this time so I’ve been microdosing Covid.
You’re in Atlanta? For someone who’s never been, is there anything I need to if I’m coming in for a business meeting?

Fly in monday night, can be free Tuesday morning, meeting after lunch, and then fly out right away. So really only the one day until lunch free, but I can squeeze something in if it’s a must see…

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
You’re in Atlanta? For someone who’s never been, is there anything I need to if I’m coming in for a business meeting?

Fly in monday night, can be free Tuesday morning, meeting after lunch, and then fly out right away. So really only the one day until lunch free, but I can squeeze something in if it’s a must see…
Traffic runs from until to about until. On that short of a trip maybe just do our tourist stuff. World of Coke and GA Aquarium can usually be hit together and I think the aquarium has an early bird special or something.

Other than that the only thing we have is strip clubs

Jazz

Powerhouse of the Scrum
Mar 14, 2000
Whistler, BC
Traffic runs from until to about until. On that short of a trip maybe just do our tourist stuff. World of Coke and GA Aquarium can usually be hit together and I think the aquarium has an early bird special or something.

Other than that the only thing we have is strip clubs
I don’t care for aquariums, but I’ll check out world of coke - it looks like a short walk from the hotel

Reactions: Grape_Ape

Jazz

Powerhouse of the Scrum
Mar 14, 2000
Whistler, BC
Yeah I’m not even sure how you tackle that and areas in India. Africa not only has the logistics but also the corruption and gorilla warfare on top of that. Maybe a UN armored convoy that just rolls area to area.
India makes tons of vaccines - they just have to stop chasing $$$ and keep some for domestic use.

Africa could get onboard if the drug companies cared enough about this. There is a South African company that has been begging moderna to license their IP, but they won’t play ball. The company has reverse engineered the vaccine, but because it’s not the “same” they have to go through all the clinical trials.

• Sad
Reactions: Grape_Ape

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor