CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
The Cron ate

“It appears that we peaked out here at Cherokee on Monday the 17th, and we have seen a 10-11% drop since then,” Northside Hospital Cherokee COO Katie Pearson told Channel 2′s Tom Regan.

The number of COVID-19 patients under their care is around 100, and far fewer are in need of supplemental oxygen as in past surges, like the Delta variant.

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Not sure of the exact reason but two testing sites that I pass to/from work were slammed the past two weeks and now they're basically empty.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Not sure of the exact reason but two testing sites that I pass to/from work were slammed the past two weeks and now they're basically empty.
They opened two mega testing sites recently, they are empty. May have been put to use over the holidays but of course they didn’t have them then.

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
They opened two mega testing sites recently, they are empty. May have been put to use over the holidays but of course they didn’t have them then.

They're opening even more in the next few days.

My sister went to one and didn't have an appointment. They sent her home with a test kit. :rofl:

Turns out my nephew is positive. :hs:

• Support
  • Sad
Reactions: kitty and Grape_Ape

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Our main hospital current stats:

240 Covid hospitalized avg age: 61
10 fully vaccinated avg age: 75
15 pending booster

24 in ICU avg age: 62
1 fully vaccinated age: 72

10 on vents avg age: 63
0 fully vaccinated

So you are saying that even if you are fully vaccinated and boosted you can end up in the hospital.....

I joke, those are amazing numbers. Vaccines doing what they where designed to do, keep people out of the hospital.

Reactions: Phil NJ

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
What's that mean
A damaging inflammatory response is implicated in the pathogenesis of severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), but mechanisms contributing to this response are unclear. In two prospective cohorts, early non-neutralizing, afucosylated IgG antibodies specific to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) were associated with progression from mild to more severe COVID-19. In contrast to the antibody structures that were associated with disease progression, antibodies that were elicited by mRNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccines were instead highly fucosylated and enriched in sialylation, both modifications that reduce the inflammatory potential of IgG
From what I understand basically part of the bodies response and fighting Covid was also killing it, that does not occur with vaccination.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74