CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — New Zealand is among the few remaining countries to have avoided any outbreaks of the omicron variant — but Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said Thursday an outbreak was inevitable and the nation would tighten restrictions as soon as one was detected.

But she also said that New Zealand would not impose the lockdowns that it has used previously, including for the delta variant.

Thor

Cycling, Watch, Beer Crew
OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2004
DFW, TX
Finally happened. My wife just tested positive. 100% she got it from school, she teaches 2nd grade and had 8 out of 20 kids out the other day, then Tuesday had one test positive after being at school all day. :hs:

Trying to keep the baby away from her as much as possible, but feels inevitable that we'll all get it (14 & 5 year olds) just from being in the same house.

Low grade fever, a little bit of a cough, biggest thing so far is bad body aches/pains. Lower back, cramping, joint pain.

I booked a rapid test at 4:30 this afternoon, still have one at home test (she was negative on that yesterday morning).

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Finally happened. My wife just tested positive. 100% she got it from school, she teaches 2nd grade and had 8 out of 20 kids out the other day, then Tuesday had one test positive after being at school all day. :hs:

Trying to keep the baby away from her as much as possible, but feels inevitable that we'll all get it (14 & 5 year olds) just from being in the same house.

Low grade fever, a little bit of a cough, biggest thing so far is bad body aches/pains. Lower back, cramping, joint pain.

I booked a rapid test at 4:30 this afternoon, still have one at home test (she was negative on that yesterday morning).
Yeah, you'll all get it. Why are you even going out of your way to get tested? I'd just assume positive if in the same household

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

We're back in virtual today after an all day exposure at school for my kiddo yesterday. Feel your pain. :hug:

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Digging deep into the collective memory, I remember when Omicron was being sequenced, there was comparison of immune escape potential and mutations between some variants, Omicron, and a theoretical, maybe synthetic “worst case” variant. Omicron was almost perfectly overlayed with the theoretical worst case. Does anyone recall this or have the paper from that? Going to take me forever to dig though and find it otherwise :rofl:

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!
Digging deep into the collective memory, I remember when Omicron was being sequenced, there was comparison of immune escape potential and mutations between some variants, Omicron, and a theoretical, maybe synthetic “worst case” variant. Omicron was almost perfectly overlayed with the theoretical worst case. Does anyone recall this or have the paper from that? Going to take me forever to dig though and find it otherwise :rofl:
PMS20
J&J results. Not good.

(from thread) Boosters show big benefit for recovered people and 2X mRNA vaccine. BTW PMS20 is apparently not an actual virus. It's a designed worst case evasive spike protein model.

FGag2O2WYAAcmKO

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Last edited:

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Yeah, you'll all get it. Why are you even going out of your way to get tested? I'd just assume positive if in the same household
my son got Delta in August, but none of us got it from him. His school wasn't masking initially :rolleyes: and he had a Boy Scout campout, and he got it from one of those two. we had him sleep/stay in the basement for 10 days, and none of us got it. There's a home theater down there with a huge couch, video games, etc., so he was fine.

several weeks later, my wife got Delta as well, locked herself up in the master suite, never came out unless she was masked and only briefly, and I didn't even talk to her unless we were sitting outside on our patio. Other son and I didn't get it. The sex on day 10 was good though :rofl:

Thor

Cycling, Watch, Beer Crew
OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2004
DFW, TX
Because if I don't have a positive test, my work is going to expect me to be there if I have no symptoms. :rolleyes:

I tested negative...for now.

Reactions: Narc

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74