CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Drifter

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Mar 6, 2000
Canada
Started developing symptoms of a chest cold on the 10th of January (Monday). Tested negative Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with rapid tests (and worked all week). Tested positive Saturday with two rapid tests. Now because of me work is requiring that you stay home for the 5 days with cold symptoms even if you test negative with a rapid test, unless you want to pay to get a private PCR test done. The government here isn't providing PCR tests anymore unless you're in the high risk class.
I'm fairly certain that I caught it at work, but me being there while sick certainly didn't help anyone else's cause, even if I was unaware that I had it. I didn't know that antigen tests weren't showing results until the 4th or 5th day sometimes, and my work didn't neither.

2x Pfizer (April and June 2021), and a Moderna booster on the 21st of December.

Symptoms:
Chest Cold - Minor dry cough, sometimes wet. Sore, burny chest at times especially after sneezing. By the 4th day I was sneezing a lot. Nose was a bit runny but I didn't have a sore throat, though.
Hot Flashes/Cold Chills - Would be sitting and get so hot and sweaty that I'd have to stand outside to cool off. Other times I'd be freezing I'd need a hot water bottle.
Fatigue - Sleeping 12-13 hours per day wasn't uncommon

Headed back to work tomorrow, my wife is still sick (we don't have any more rapid tests left so I can't test her but she's got the same issues I had) but we're hoping that this is the end of it. :hs:

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Started developing symptoms of a chest cold on the 10th of January (Monday). Tested negative Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with rapid tests (and worked all week). Tested positive Saturday with two rapid tests. Now because of me work is requiring that you stay home for the 5 days with cold symptoms even if you test negative with a rapid test, unless you want to pay to get a private PCR test done. The government here isn't providing PCR tests anymore unless you're in the high risk class.
I'm fairly certain that I caught it at work, but me being there while sick certainly didn't help anyone else's cause, even if I was unaware that I had it. I didn't know that antigen tests weren't showing results until the 4th or 5th day sometimes, and my work didn't neither.

2x Pfizer (April and June 2021), and a Moderna booster on the 21st of December.

Symptoms:
Chest Cold - Minor dry cough, sometimes wet. Sore, burny chest at times especially after sneezing. By the 4th day I was sneezing a lot. Nose was a bit runny but I didn't have a sore throat, though.
Hot Flashes/Cold Chills - Would be sitting and get so hot and sweaty that I'd have to stand outside to cool off. Other times I'd be freezing I'd need a hot water bottle.
Fatigue - Sleeping 12-13 hours per day wasn't uncommon

Headed back to work tomorrow, my wife is still sick (we don't have any more rapid tests left so I can't test her but she's got the same issues I had) but we're hoping that this is the end of it. :hs:
Get some Roma on skip the dish

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil NJ

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA

dY9rSYn.jpg

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!
Cliffs?

Weak Jeans?
This report highlights the importance of memory B cells against vaccine breakthrough and suggests that lower memory B cell levels may be a correlate of risk for Delta vaccine breakthrough infection.
  • Antibody levels, including neutralizing antibodies, were similar in vaccine breakthrough patients and close contacts.
  • Memory B cell levels, as assessed by B cell ELISpot, were lower in vaccine breakthrough patients than close contacts.
  • T cell profiles were broadly similar across vaccine breakthrough patients and close contacts.
  • The cytokine profile of vaccine breakthrough patients was similar to uninfected vaccinated individuals, with lower inflammatory profile compared to unvaccinated individuals with primary infection.

Reactions: Grape_Ape

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
My dumb ass JUST today started to accept we are NEVER going back to how it was before the Pandemic.

Needless to say, I'm depressed.

Same, lady. :hug:

As I sit here with my kiddo on virtual school next to me during her second week straight of COVID exposure in her class. They went back after 5 days and the next day - BOOM - a new COVID positive. :wtc:

I don't know how much longer I can do this. Thankful for the time with her, but fuck. :hs:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
My dumb ass JUST today started to accept we are NEVER going back to how it was before the Pandemic.

Needless to say, I'm depressed.
Meh I accepted that I’ll get vaccinated and boosted as needed and have gone back to exactly how I was before besides tossing on a mask here and there. I accepted that I don’t care if people don’t want to prevent themselves from dying.

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Wonder how long this dude last before disappearing?

"If we look at the measures that were used in the third wave and the fourth wave – meaning school closures, work-at-home, stopping larger groups of people from gathering and so on – those measures in the third and fourth wave were just about enough to control that virus," Cowling said.

"Omicron, that we face now, is much more transmissible and I'm not sure that those measures used before would be sufficient to control Omicron in the community now."

Cowling said the focus should be on elderly vaccinations, rather than allowing children as young as five to get inoculated.

He also said an order to cull hamsters and small animals that arrived in the SAR in late December came too late, as any animal-to-human transmission would have already occurred.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Same, lady. :hug:

As I sit here with my kiddo on virtual school next to me during her second week straight of COVID exposure in her class. They went back after 5 days and the next day - BOOM - a new COVID positive. :wtc:

I don't know how much longer I can do this. Thankful for the time with her, but fuck. :hs:
:hug: Parents are really having it hard. Plus, it's so bintersweet. A friend hired an au pair because they both work from home and wanted to limit exposure to covid, but that's not a luxury many can afford. If I were there I'd help if I could.

It's just so surreal. I never stopped wearing a mask, but still slaps me in the face this is our new reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74