CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!

It's data out of BC Canada. I don't know if its amazing. :dunno: It's not that big a sample size.

It's got the risk factors (age, etc) expressed as likelihood multiples of baseline hospitalization risk which they chose as 5-19 y/o which is .

(Age independent) Fully boosted is 9.1X less likely to be hospitalized so like 89% effective against hospitalization.

Here's the non-potato graphic version

Reactions: Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Quarantine for children will be canceled entirely beginning on Thursday, following discussions between the Health Ministry and pediatricians regarding the coronavirus isolation policy in the education system.

The new guidelines will see children taking antigen tests twice a week, on Sunday and Wednesday. If the test comes back negative, the child will continue attending school as usual.

All children and young adults from birth to 18, whether vaccinated or not, will no longer need to self-isolate after coming into contact with a verified coronavirus case. Only when an antigen test returns a positive result will they have to remain home.

Reactions: Phil NJ

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I need someone to talk some sense into me, I think.

Why TF are we still wearing masks if we're Moderna Mafia triple OG boosted crew

• Clown
Reactions: Ranger-AO and Narc

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Patient C is in their 30s and was also admitted in early 2021 with a history of cough, fever and odynophagia. HIV-1 had been diagnosed over 10 years previously and adherence to ART had been intermittent since diagnosis. SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR on a CNTS was positive on admission. The patient was swabbed and tested weekly for SARS CoV-2 and although asymptomatic since admission, all CNTS to date are SARS-CoV-2 positive.
:omg:

• Wow
Reactions: BStork

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
My dumb ass JUST today started to accept we are NEVER going back to how it was before the Pandemic.

Needless to say, I'm depressed.
I had that realization as Delta was surging. In our state, numbers were almost zero for a while in June. Vaccine uptake in my county was quite high, and I thought this might be all legitimately over for the most part. Nope.

Reactions: kitty

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
All this talk about omicron peaking right now is just guaranteeing a new more fucked up variant will come out soon :rofl:
C8AZmErVMAAprjz.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Narc

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!
Systemic adverse events were experienced by 35% of placebo recipients after the first dose and 32% after the second.

Discounting injection site AEs the placebo group had 76% and 52% as many AEs as vaccine for 1st and 2nd does respectively. Medical science is weird.

"Significantly more AEs were reported in the vaccine groups, but AEs in placebo arms (“nocebo responses”) accounted for 76% of systemic AEs after the first COVID-19 vaccine dose and 52% after the second dose"

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Unless required I've quit wearing masks.

My city put a mask ordinance back into effect, which is stupid cause we are in the downside of the corn anyway. But Mayo going to Mayo. Not a mask in sight at the gym though.

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Unless required I've quit wearing masks.

My city put a mask ordinance back into effect, which is stupid cause we are in the downside of the corn anyway. But Mayo going to Mayo. Not a mask in sight at the gym though.
@kitty would freak out

Reactions: kitty

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74