CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Whoopsie
The detection of Omicron-associated mutations in community wastewater provides strong early evidence that the Omicron variant was likely present or more widely distributed in these communities than originally indicated by clinical testing alone; Omicron-associated mutations were documented during November 2021, at least a week before the first U.S. case identified via clinical testing on December 1.
Like a week before SA and then we banned them for alerting us about it when they found it

Last edited:

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Unless required I've quit wearing masks.

My city put a mask ordinance back into effect, which is stupid cause we are in the downside of the corn anyway. But Mayo going to Mayo. Not a mask in sight at the gym though.
How are the hospitals doing?

If they’re stretched thin, the mask mandate makes sense to slow the spread and keep the hospitals from being overrun. It doesn’t matter if you’re on the downswing if you’re still putting more people into hospitals that are nearing, at, or over capacity.

If the cases are dropping and hospitalizations are at manageable levels and dropping, I’m fine with mask mandates being phased out.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Unless required I've quit wearing masks.

My city put a mask ordinance back into effect, which is stupid cause we are in the downside of the corn anyway. But Mayo going to Mayo. Not a mask in sight at the gym though.
I still take precautions though when cases are high. Still high in NJ right now, so I’m back in the garage working out instead of at the gym. I’m sure the gym is a great place to catch it right now.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

According to the San Diego-based biopharma known for developing cancer treatments, “STI-9167 nAb is a potentially ‘Best-in-Class’ nAb against the Omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2 and the first reported nAb with high potency against Omicron (+R346K mutation) and has demonstrated highly potent neutralization activities in vitro (IC50 of 25 ng/mL for Omicron live virus, 14.8 ng/mL and 23.9 ng/mL for Omicron and Omicron (+R346K mutation) pseudovirus, respectively), in addition to potent neutralizing activities against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and all of its variants of concern (VOCs).

Sorrento CEO and founder Dr. Henry Ji said that pre-clinical experiments showed the antibody was at least ten times more potent against Omicron than sotrovimab, a monoclonal antibody-based medicine developed for people in the early stages of COVID-19.

Aside from in vivo protection against Omicron, Covishield has also demonstrated the ability to prevent weight loss and reduce virus titers in the lungs.
1642830330577.gif

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

In pre-clinical experiments, the antibody was at least 10 times more potent against omicron than sotrovimab, said Sorrento CEO and founder Dr. Henry Ji.

Sotrovimab is an antibody infusion treatment for people in the early stages of COVID. It’s in short supply across the country because it is currently the only authorized monoclonal antibody treatment that still works against omicron.

Because it’s administered as an IV, sotrovimab infusions require medical staff and a lot of time.

“They have to be in an infusion center and that is approximately 3 to 4 hours of time to get that,” said Sorrento Senior VP Dr. Mark Brunswick. “A nose drop would be given in about a minute.”
@Narc that last line bby

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Talked to wife, she had a little cough and sniffles said it came from her dad. Her dad had it earlier in the week he is 78 and has cancer had the cough and sniffles but is over whatever it was now. Her mom, nada so far.

I’m like girl if you don’t put on a mask talking to me on this phone, y’all got The Cron :hsugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74