CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
  • Haha
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
axS02S22GhprXZdaFNA5u2om3y-GjxUPPUUwMaPJkyE.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: dgr81

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Looks like you can get long-covid like symptoms from the vaccine too :dunno:

The research was small in scale and drew no conclusions about whether or how vaccines may have caused rare, lasting health problems. The patients had “temporal associations” between vaccination and their faltering health, says Avindra Nath, clinical director at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), who has been leading the NIH efforts. But “an etiological association? I don’t know.” In other words, he does not know whether vaccination directly caused the subsequent health problems.

Pretorius says she and her colleagues have also seen patients—fewer than 20, she estimates—with chronic problems following vaccination.

Long Covid, in contrast, affects anywhere from about 5% to 30% of those infected by SARS-CoV-2.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
alright someone offer me guidance here. So I have the 'rona, most likely the 'cron. Ive had it for 8 days now, and im still testing positive on the DIY nose poke. I have zero symptoms, and havent had a symptom ever. Reason why i took the test was because my kids school basically was given a limitless supply of them and i wanted to show my 8 year old how to DIY it himself since this is our new reality. I dont even know when i caught it. Knocking on wood here, none of my family has caught it, 8 days in.

Ever since then ive been taking a test every 2 days and every one of them has been poslitive, with 2 or 3 "brands" in rotation.

1) when can i leave isolation
2) what does the CDC guidance say ? Ive seen it vary between 5 - 10 days.
3) at what point am i not contagious?
4) ive read that PCR testing could very well lag behind antigen testing where PCRs could light up poz for months to come. any truth to that?

:mad::mad::mad:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
alright someone offer me guidance here. So I have the 'rona, most likely the 'cron. Ive had it for 8 days now, and im still testing positive on the DIY nose poke. I have zero symptoms, and havent had a symptom ever. Reason why i took the test was because my kids school basically was given a limitless supply of them and i wanted to show my 8 year old how to DIY it himself since this is our new reality. I dont even know when i caught it. Knocking on wood here, none of my family has caught it, 8 days in.

Ever since then ive been taking a test every 2 days and every one of them has been poslitive, with 2 or 3 "brands" in rotation.

4) ive read that PCR testing could very well lag behind antigen testing where PCRs could light up poz for months to come. any truth to that?

iirc the CDC says 5 days if no symptoms, don’t need a negative test to exit isolation.

Edit: here it is

Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public. People with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter. The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
iirc the CDC says 5 days if no symptoms, don’t need a negative test to exit isolation.

Edit: here it is
wait. so it doesent matter what the test says at 5 days onwards? or do most people not bother with an antigen past their initial test?

and here i am yelling at the missus to drive 20 minutes to the target that had one rapid in stock :rofl:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
wait. so it doesent matter what the test says at 5 days onwards? or do most people not bother with an antigen past their initial test?

and here i am yelling at the missus to drive 20 minutes to the target that had one rapid in stock :rofl:
The guidance says you don’t need to test negative to exit isolation iirc so you can carry on but you need to wear a mask for another 5 days.

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale

1) 5 days + have to wear a mask
2) 5 days + have to wear a mask
3) when you are no longer shedding live virus
4) yes. Example policy at biotech company my sister works for: 1x weekly PCR testing for all staff, 2x weekly PCR testing for staff that work in a building where there has been a positive case. Assuming someone gets a positive PCR result, that person gets 14 days off and they cease PCR testing that person for 90 days

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY

we are telling people it could take up to 90 days to show negative

longest employee i know of was at 28 days before showing a negative PCR. Shew was vaxed and boosted

we test weekly, those who go out have a min 10 days out then then test every 5 days to see if it come back negative, symptoms or not

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
DUBLIN — Ireland scrapped most of its pandemic restrictions Friday night after crediting the nation’s exceptionally high uptake of vaccinations for limiting COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths.

Prime Minister Micheál Martin announced that public venues such as stadiums, cinemas and pubs can resume normal operations at full capacity Saturday for the first time since the pandemic reached Ireland 22 months ago. Vaccine certificates and social distancing will no longer be required

Last edited:

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!

CDC guidance is hard to interpret wrt you actually having test results. I think they were written that way under the influence that we don't have enough tests available to people to follow guidelines based on testing.

If you were in the UK they would tell you to end self isolation after 2 negative test or end after 10 days.

1642888679010.png

5Gen_Prelude

There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but
Mar 14, 2000
Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Remember back when we used to have colds? Felt like shit for a couple of days, got better but still had that lingering cough or runny nose? Same same. You were way more contagious before you knew you had the cold than after you started feeling better.

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
Not only that, but something like 10-20% (can't remember exactly) of people that had long-covid prior to vaccination saw relief or full resolution of their long-covid after getting vaccinated.
that is some good news and good reason to get boosted in ~2 months since I just got the cron and want to give the immune system some time to cool off

Reactions: hootpie

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74