CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
1) 5 days + have to wear a mask
2) 5 days + have to wear a mask
3) when you are no longer shedding live virus
4) yes. Example policy at biotech company my sister works for: 1x weekly PCR testing for all staff, 2x weekly PCR testing for staff that work in a building where there has been a positive case. Assuming someone gets a positive PCR result, that person gets 14 days off and they cease PCR testing that person for 90 days
:eek4: 90 days god effing damnit

• Clown
Reactions: Narc
Nov 24, 2001
The Weiner of America
CDC guidance is hard to interpret wrt you actually having test results. I think they were written that way under the influence that we don't have enough tests available to people to follow guidelines based on testing.

If you were in the UK they would tell you to end self isolation after 2 negative test or end after 10 days.

View attachment 190550

This is the ugliest chart I have ever seen

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
alright someone offer me guidance here. So I have the 'rona, most likely the 'cron. Ive had it for 8 days now, and im still testing positive on the DIY nose poke. I have zero symptoms, and havent had a symptom ever. Reason why i took the test was because my kids school basically was given a limitless supply of them and i wanted to show my 8 year old how to DIY it himself since this is our new reality. I dont even know when i caught it. Knocking on wood here, none of my family has caught it, 8 days in.

Ever since then ive been taking a test every 2 days and every one of them has been poslitive, with 2 or 3 "brands" in rotation.

1) when can i leave isolation
2) what does the CDC guidance say ? Ive seen it vary between 5 - 10 days.
3) at what point am i not contagious?
4) ive read that PCR testing could very well lag behind antigen testing where PCRs could light up poz for months to come. any truth to that?

:mad::mad::mad:
You have permarona, it’s like aids with less poppers and Tina

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

In a recent study, Japanese researchers report that the new severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) variant, Omicron, has higher environmental stability than previous variants.
Better be wearing a biohazard suit around that N95 and taking showers in disinfectant after you go out:oopsie:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

In interviews with Israeli television aired Saturday, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla predicted the world will return to near-normal conditions within a few months and said the US-based pharmaceutical firm is aiming to produce a once-a-year vaccine covering all coronavirus variants.

“Once a year it is easier to convince people to do it. It is easier for people to remember. From a public health situation, it is an ideal solution. We are looking to see if we can create a vaccine that covers Omicron and doesn’t forget the other variants. And that could be a solution unless something completely different comes out,” he told Channel 12 news.

• Clown

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
I just came to a realization. With the free N95s coming, we're going to see people wearing them under their mouth/nose and I'm going to be incredibly triggered. Right now, if you wear an n95, you probably bought it because you take masking pretty seriously

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I just came to a realization. With the free N95s coming, we're going to see people wearing them under their mouth/nose and I'm going to be incredibly triggered. Right now, if you wear an n95, you probably bought it because you take masking pretty seriously
Don't you have to put effort into acquiring them?

Like they aren't automatically sending them out. You have to go out of your way to get them.

People who don't care probably won't do that, and just keep using cloth or whatever meets the minimum to satisfy rules then wear them wrong anyway

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!

It's a neutralization assay using a psuedo virus with Omicron spike (right panel). Two Pfizer doses always had low neutralization vs Omicron (limit of detection low). Booster bumped nuetralization up for the first time, which is nice. It's still up after 4 months. It implies boosted people have decent protection vs Omicron infection whereas 2 doses never did. The booster appears to give a qualitative improvement rather than just a temporary bump to recover from waning.
1642913864651.png

Reactions: Grape_Ape and Narc

Souppishdawg

Jun 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
Don't you have to put effort into acquiring them?

Like they aren't automatically sending them out. You have to go out of your way to get them.

People who don't care probably won't do that, and just keep using cloth or whatever meets the minimum to satisfy rules then wear them wrong anyway
Oh ok, I assumed it would be like the covid testing kits. Nvm then

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!
Yeah. People using just the top strap. Or wearing them sideways w/ the head straps looped around their ears. I remember seeing those at the start on TV. Probably start seeing again IRL now.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Don't you just have to go to cvs /Walgreens etc
Ok first that’s work and people would have to pay.
I’m waiting to see if Craigslist is flooded with tests/masks people got from the government for free for 25-50 bucks.

Stylerod

150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:
Dec 23, 2001
150MPH in a Swimsuit :eek3:!
Well this sucks. My son just tested positive for it yesterday. Fever, achy, brain fog. He's triple vaxxed. What really sucks is he is in the middle of a job/training for airplane mechanics. They are allowed to miss 4 days total. He said 3 people have already been removed from the job because of having covid and having to be off longer then 4 days. He is so fucking upset. What really sucks is he doesn't go anywhere because he was so worried about getting it. He got it from his girlfriend (who he lives with) who got it from someone at her work.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Well this sucks. My son just tested positive for it yesterday. Fever, achy, brain fog. He's triple vaxxed. What really sucks is he is in the middle of a job/training for airplane mechanics. They are allowed to miss 4 days total. He said 3 people have already been removed from the job because of having covid and having to be off longer then 4 days. He is so fucking upset. What really sucks is he doesn't go anywhere because he was so worried about getting it. He got it from his girlfriend (who he lives with) who got it from someone at her work.

That fucking sucks. There should be exceptions made in these unprecedented times

Reactions: Ranger-AO and kitty

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74