CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Year around. They get two week breaks every couple months.
Same as mine, only good thing is my daughter still wears her mask, she don’t care. And the school got experts out to update the filtration and ventilation for the school like 5 months ago so it turns the air every 20 mins or so. Of course this is a private school, doubtful it’s happening in public schools.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Nope :hmm:
It’s such a cluster fuck tbh

My best guess is what has happened, these won’t match the previous SIL numbers cause I’m lazy

SIL 1, SIL 2, MIL and FIL went to Europe all picked up by BIL from airport. This is probably when SIL was most infectious as she was most symptomatic respiratory wise here, coughing and sneezing versus the fever and chills in Europe.

SIL1 three boosters over half a year ago got Covid 3 days before coming back and tested positive in the US when she went to doctor next day.

Her husband got sick two days after she came back and tested positive, probably got in the car ride since he picked them up.

SIL 2 with two week old booster was with her the whole time, she would have got it as well or caught it on the car ride from airport but remained asymptomatic? She is the most confusing currently. So either she got a false negative the first time she tested or a false posit the second time she tested? Because she tested negative the same day at the doctors.

MIL is also confusing, she didn’t test because no symptoms, we figured she is old she would get hit pretty quickly. But she was fine until Thursday when she started coughing, tested on Sunday, positive. Sent to SIL house. So maybe fine during the trip but picked it up in the car when SIL was most infectious.

FIL two test since last Wednesday and still negative he is double boosted and previous infection in February.

Wife, same but only get her second boost last Thursday.

SIL3 and her son, boosted about a month ago, no symptoms twice negative. Assuming if anyone left is gonna pop it will be one of them first.

Myself well you know I’m loaded up, negative two test in.

So this is a mother fuckin scooby doo mystery, we will see Friday who if anyone is next.
MIL mystery solved, she had “snuck” off to SIL’s 1 house to bring them food and stayed there for several hours. Combination of being stubborn af and losing her memory.

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
It took 2.5 years, but 'rona finally got me. Went to an indoor ~230 person wedding two days ago (in Oregon) and woke up this morning with a sore throat that I was pretty sure was related to cold dry air. Took a test just to be cautious since we're spending the week with my wife's parents at their cabin in the mountains. I only swabbed my throat and the test showed positive in under 2 minutes :rofl:

The sore throat is resolving itself as I drink more fluids, so I think it actually might be due to the cold dry air :dunno:

Edit: I tested the morning of the wedding and I was negative (swabbed throat and nose), so it seems like it was the wedding where I got it since I was almost entirely outdoors the few days prior.

Last edited:

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
It took 2.5 years, but 'rona finally got me. Went to an indoor ~230 person wedding two days ago (in Oregon) and woke up this morning with a sore throat that I was pretty sure was related to cold dry air. Took a test just to be cautious since we're spending the week with my wife's parents at their cabin in the mountains. Test showed positive in under 2 minutes :rofl:

The sore throat is resolving itself as I drink more fluids, so I think it actually might be due to the cold dry air :dunno:
Did you mask up?

couple hours in a packed room prob. not gonna make a difference either way I guess

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Did you mask up?

couple hours in a packed room prob. not gonna make a difference either way I guess
There were maybe 4 people wearing masks--we didn't mask up either because we figured N95 would be the only thing worth wearing in that setting and we didn't want to go that route. They asked people to preemptively test the morning of, but they weren't collecting results so who knows how many people actually did.

We were indoors for about 1.5 hours overall and spent the rest of the time outside, but 1.5 hours with BA.4/BA.5 out there looking for that ass is an eternity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
It took 2.5 years, but 'rona finally got me. Went to an indoor ~230 person wedding two days ago (in Oregon) and woke up this morning with a sore throat that I was pretty sure was related to cold dry air. Took a test just to be cautious since we're spending the week with my wife's parents at their cabin in the mountains. I only swabbed my throat and the test showed positive in under 2 minutes :rofl:

Edit: I tested the morning of the wedding and I was negative (swabbed throat and nose), so it seems like it was the wedding where I got it since I was almost entirely outdoors the few days prior.
Anywhere crowded without a mask hell even with a mask chances are you getting that Rona. I promise you I don’t have any clue how I avoided this last round

Reactions: hootpie

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Nice now all those antivaxxer parents will rush out and get it since they are as what was holding them back :hsugh:
ray-liotta-laughing.gif

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Anywhere crowded without a mask hell even with a mask chances are you getting that Rona. I promise you I don’t have any clue how I avoided this last round
Me too. I feel the same way about school. 25+ kids in a small room for HOURS daily with no mask mandate the last few months this last session....

how tf did we escape (unless we didn't)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529