CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
Been doing what I’ve always been doing, clinic, doctors, hospitals, pharmacy, grocery stores even, I’ll toss it on. Elderly and immunocompromised people don’t have a choice to not be in those places and I’m not a total asshole. Places like the gym, bar, club, restaurants I don’t bother. Though I’ve been more low key as of late which I always do when there is a new wave hitting.
This is the way

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Day 5 (?): residual mild sore throat still there from last night. Thick, colorful mucus still coming out of nose/throat. Otherwise I feel fine.

This was like having a mild sore throat, getting Moderna shot #2, then catching a cold the day after and topping it off with a throwback to the original mild sore throat.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
BA.5 and BA 2.75 right now
View attachment 240891
I'm almost done playing with BA.5--my immune system is ready for BA.2.75's ass

EqualFragrantAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

In a recent study posted to the bioRxiv* preprint server, researchers at Ghent University and KU Leuven, Belgium, demonstrated that Urtica dioica agglutinin (UDA), a monomeric lectin extracted from stinging nettle rhizomes, inhibited severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) variants of concern (VOCs) cell to cell fusion.

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Soooo...

When is a 2nd booster going to be authorized in the US?
Do I want a 4th Moderna, or do I want to switch to phizer or get the new novax?
Wait for an updated booster?
What is flu crws opinion?

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Soooo...

Second booster been authorized for like half a year if you a gangsta.

Booster situation is all kinds of wild right now, you got the OG boosters and now you got Novavax in the mix and the BA.5 boosters coming in October. If I hadn’t already had the BA.1 targeted I would probably take a hit of Novavax to hold me over until October.

Reactions: Fanya

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Second booster been authorized for like half a year if you a gangsta.

Booster situation is all kinds of wild right now, you got the OG boosters and now you got Novavax in the mix and the BA.5 boosters coming in October. If I hadn’t already had the BA.1 targeted I would probably take a hit of Novavax to hold me over until October.
I had some version of Omicron over New Years. Maybe I'll try to find some of that Novavax in the fall.

jaspirr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Delaware
I'm very biased having been in the Novavax trial and owning the stock, but I think it would be a safe and smart idea to get a Novavax booster if you've had 2-3 of the mRNA ones before. All the vaccines have their shortcomings but I think Novavax is a solid all around choice to protect partially against all variants, whereas the mRNA ones are really struggling as more variants show up.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Soooo...

from what I recall reading earlier, if you've stuck to one brand, go with the other for a booster. For me my 1st 2 shots were pfizer, so I went moderna for a booster.
IMO if I were you I'd take pfizer for a booster.
edit: or novavax. Just something that my body hasn't taken yet

Reactions: Fanya

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529