CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Day 6 (I think?): blowing and spitting out thick colorful mucus still. Bronchitis is mostly gone though I can occasionally cough something up if I really try. Only new/notable thing today was when I blew my nose this morning and got some deep sinus mucus out there was a surprising amount of blood floating around in it :ugh:

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
Day 6 (I think?): blowing and spitting out thick colorful mucus still. Bronchitis is mostly gone though I can occasionally cough something up if I really try. Only new/notable thing today was when I blew my nose this morning and got some deep sinus mucus out there was a surprising amount of blood floating around in it :ugh:
:eek3:

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Any studies on covid/long covid and new onset of high blood pressure? My brother (44) has been having a lot of issues recently and suddenly.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Any studies on covid/long covid and new onset of high blood pressure? My brother (44) has been having a lot of issues recently and suddenly.

Reactions: wizurd

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Hypertension levels have increased the last two years so it’s tough to ignore COVID’s impact, directly and indirectly

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000

“We’re in a different landscape now,” he said. “The fact we’re having such a rapid succession of variants – we seem to be racking them up at alarming speed – is the most surprising thing and that’s changed the way the waves look.”

“I would’ve thought it would have reached a steady state by now,” he said. “It seems the opposite is the case.”

Others have also been taken by surprise by this pattern. “It does look as if the successive waves are getting closer together,” Prof Peter Openshaw, an immunologist at Imperial College London, said. “They are actually becoming more frequent, with one piling in on top of the other.”

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Immunization with a COVID-19 vaccine generates an immune response against the RBD of the wild-type SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. This immune response includes neutralizing antibodies that bind to the RBD and prevent the spike protein from interacting with ACE2 receptors, thus inhibiting the infection of human cells.

These neutralizing antibodies predominantly bind to two subregions of the RBD. However, these subregions of the spike protein RBD are prone to mutations, with their sequences showing considerable variation among SARS-CoV-2 variants.

The authors of the present study had previously discovered two other subregions of RBD that are conserved among these sarbecoviruses. Moreover, fewer mutations are observed in these subregions in SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern.

Researchers have now developed a vaccine that elicits an immune response against these conserved subregions of the spike protein RBD. This vaccine, called mosaic-8, includes a spike protein RBD from the SARS-CoV-2 and seven other related sarbecoviruses that are chemically attached to a protein nanoparticle.

The presence of RBDs from eight different sarbecoviruses teaches the immune system to elicit a response against a broad range of proteins. The use of protein fragments that are more likely to be conserved across sarbecoviruses suggests that this vaccine could also identify sarbecovirus RBDs that were not present on the nanoparticle.

In other words, the mosaic-8 vaccine could produce a cross-reactive antibody response against a broad range of sarbecoviruses. Such a vaccine could potentially eliminate the need to update the vaccine with the emergence of new variants or sarbecoviruses that jump from animals to cause disease in humans.
Throw some billions at this and leh go

Last edited:
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Day 7: almost done getting all the thick multi-cultural looking mucus out. Decided to test so I can stop isolating and this shit is trolling me with the faintest fucking positive I've ever seen:

cEH5lZps.png

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Day 7: almost done getting all the thick multi-cultural looking mucus out. Decided to test so I can stop isolating and this shit is trolling me with the faintest fucking positive I've ever seen:

cEH5lZps.png
I like how you made the pic smaller to emphasize the difficulty in identifying the positive result

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
I have a feeling the Covid is so endemic at this point that a lot of people aren't bothering to report cases.
Not endemic, as that would be defined by manageability and not just widespread risk acceptance.

Most states rolled out some version of covid app that uses apple or Google exposure notifications and allows people to self report infection but why encourage people to use it? Most politicians and businesses think high numbers look bad. Also many people accept the risk anyway and Covid is now a manageable seasonal mild illness 🤣

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Basement BIL
Not endemic, as that would be defined by manageability and not just widespread risk acceptance.

Most states rolled out some version of covid app that uses apple or Google exposure notifications and allows people to self report infection but why encourage people to use it? Most politicians and businesses think high numbers look bad. Also many people accept the risk anyway and Covid is now a manageable seasonal mild illness 🤣
rolling out a government/private tracking app to a population that thinks the government is spraying them with contrails from airplanes and has an overall distrust in being under surveillance, who would have thought that would fail

Through vaccination antivirals and better treatment management it has become pretty damn mild in the vast majority of the population doing fine at home, seasonal it is not.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore

cEH5lZps.png
Tomorrow or even later today you’ll be G2G. That’s where I was at the day before I returned to work. I was good at day 5

Reactions: hootpie

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I’ve been exposed multiple times throughout the last few weeks and thought for sure I was going to catch it again. Started to feel exhausted and had the beginnings of how I felt last year when I had delta but it went away a day later (mostly the exhaustion. No fever/body aches) Tested negative.

I’m wondering if prior vaccination + Delta + Omicron is still pretty protective.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I’ve been exposed multiple times throughout the last few weeks and thought for sure I was going to catch it again. Started to feel exhausted and had the beginnings of how I felt last year when I had delta but it went away a day later (mostly the exhaustion. No fever/body aches) Tested negative.

I’m wondering if prior vaccination + Delta + Omicron is still pretty protective.
You can get BA.4/BA.5 despite that, but it'll probably be pretty mild if you do. I'm MMP without any infections until now and BA.5 wasn't too terrible other than the first night and the sore throat being annoying.

Statik

I am The Redworm.
May 16, 2001
Destination Quasar 16.33.45.78
Paxlovid update: 3 1/2 days into the Paxlovid treatment and feel mostly decent other than getting worn out very quickly. Fever/aches are mostly gone. Earache and sore throat gone. Just need to take a nap if I do a few minor things around the house.

Reactions: Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

A brand-new antibiotic that was developed at The Rockefeller University using computational models of bacterial gene products appears to kill even bacteria that are resistant to other antibiotics. According to a study published in the journal Science, the drug, known as cilagicin, is effective in mice and employs a novel mechanism to combat MRSA, C. diff, and numerous other dangerous infections.

The findings imply that computer models may be used to develop a new class of antibiotics. “This isn’t just a cool new molecule, it’s a validation of a novel approach to drug discovery,” says Rockefeller’s Sean F. Brady. “This study is an example of computational biology, genetic sequencing, and synthetic chemistry coming together to unlock the secrets of bacterial evolution.”

• Love

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
My cycle this month was absolutely fucked. My COVID positive was May 30th - June 11th while I was on my last cycle. Started my last cycle on July 3rd and had the absolute worst experience I have had as a grown adult for the next 9 days. Felt like I was miscarrying but it's not possible and every Wondfo came back negative. Freaking fuck COVID. :wtc:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529