CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore

Findings: Among 4,809 BA.5 cases and 164,369 test-negative individuals, a prior omicron infection was highly protective against BA.5 (93.6%, 95%CI92.1-94.8; 96 BA.5 and 29,832 test-negative with prior omicron). Among 4,913 BA.5 and 31,874 BA.2 cases, the OR of triple-vaccination was not different (OR1.02, 95%CI0.83-1.26).

So vaccinated plus boosted plus omicron infection = 95% protection against BA5?

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
So vaccinated plus boosted plus omicron infection = 95% protection against BA5?
We found a high protection against BA.5 from prior omicron infection in triple-vaccinated individuals, and similar vaccine effectiveness for BA.5 infection as currently for BA.2. In an analysis adjusted for covariates

Reactions: Phil NJ

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
Maybe some of that Novavax juice

That is exactly what i'm doing, up until now i've been pure Pfizer (P³). However on Tuesday i'm going Novavax for my second booster, as studies have shown it to be most effective of the current vaccines against variants. And it's manufactured in 🇨🇦.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
77% of children in the US have infection induced antibodies
We had a confirmed case last in classroom 7/15, my son said his two best friends were sick with COVID. The school asked us to test before sending back. My son has all sorts of allergies so you can never tell with him. But he tested negative.

I really am beginning to wonder if we all had omicron asymptomatically last season (around April 2022) and that + 3 shots of Poverty Pfizer is as you showed in the last data point.....high immunity.

Or we've just magically dodged every bullet.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
We had a confirmed case last in classroom 7/15, my son said his two best friends were sick with COVID. The school asked us to test before sending back. My son has all sorts of allergies so you can never tell with him. But he tested negative.

I really am beginning to wonder if we all had omicron asymptomatically last season (around April 2022) and that + 3 shots of Poverty Pfizer is as you showed in the last data point.....high immunity.

:dunno: mang same question here, especially the past week :noes:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

3 in 4 kids have infection-induced antibodies (anti-N Ab) to SARS-CoV-2. These are NOT the Ab induced from a vaccine.
(Ages 0-11, as of Feb 2022)

At least 2 in 7 kids acquired their infection-induced Ab during the Omicron spike.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Tony Portland

Dec 7, 2004
NC
Well…joined the Covid crew this week. Started feeling cold like symptoms Tuesday night (neg test), Wednesday awful headache and body aches all day (neg test) - worst day thus far, Thursday feels like a severe head cold (pos test) and since then feels like I have a cold and allergies.

Worst part is the isolation, FaceTiming my family in the other room sucks :/

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Researchers from the University of California, Santa Cruz discovered a protein that is released during the early stages of cancer, paving the way for the potential development of a blood test that could diagnose any type of cancer before symptoms manifest, according to Studyfinds.org.

Not Covid but :coold:

chornelium

pepper mill connoisseur
Jan 26, 2006
San Juan Island, WA
Well…joined the Covid crew this week. Started feeling cold like symptoms Tuesday night (neg test), Wednesday awful headache and body aches all day (neg test) - worst day thus far, Thursday feels like a severe head cold (pos test) and since then feels like I have a cold and allergies.

Worst part is the isolation, FaceTiming my family in the other room sucks :/
Same here brothur. Was visiting my wife and she tested neg twice beforehand and we spent the weekend together.. returned home and went to work and started feeling achey and flu-like sick.. immediately went home, tested, and sure enough, POZZED.

Fortunately our headaches and sore eyes (hurt to move the eyes to any corners) died down, but are still there a bit. I think we're past the worst of it, but the worst part is not being stuck at home.. so today the weather was beautiful and we worked on redoing her whole back yard, seeded some new grass, cleaned up the patio/bbq.. it can be depressing if you don't have anything to do, so if you can, try to when you feel up to it. Hope you have a speedy recovery 👍🏼

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA

Researchers from the University of California, Santa Cruz discovered a protein that is released during the early stages of cancer, paving the way for the potential development of a blood test that could diagnose any type of cancer before symptoms manifest, according to Studyfinds.org.

Not Covid but :coold:
Fuck yea Santa Cruz

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529