CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Update on the second family outbreak

Unvaccinated, alcoholic, diabetic, hypertensive Idiot BIL is fine now. Negative, had two days of rough flu symptoms, took Pax

His daughter, it hit her like a freight train. Body aches, fever, skin hurt, coughing etc for about 3 days, she took Pax. Is on the mend but still positive

Her Husband, asymptomatic not even a sneeze, still positive

9 year old, symptomatic for about two days, coughing and fever, fine now and negative

3 year old, asymptomatic the whole time

Last edited:

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
kinda heading toward the camp of this rigamarole being public health theatre much like airport security. doing my part to be up to date on vaccinations and mask in public but public policy isn't quite matching up to anything these days

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
travel restrictions, testing protocols. even vaccination from a practical standpoint is less about spreading COVID and more about keeping adverse outcomes at bay but policy doesn't match that.

What travel restrictions? The only thing left is vaccination requirements to fly - that is more about incentivizing vaccine uptake than anything and I am in full support.

The only testing protocol is random testing coming into Canada from outside. Also makes sense as it gives the federal government a window into prevalance, variants entering the country, etc. It is needed as the provinces have essentially given up on public testing, so i'm not sure there is an alternative?

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
What travel restrictions? The only thing left is vaccination requirements to fly - that is more about incentivizing vaccine uptake than anything and I am in full support.

The only testing protocol is random testing coming into Canada from outside. Also makes sense as it gives the federal government a window into prevalance, variants entering the country, etc. It is needed as the provinces have essentially given up on public testing, so i'm not sure there is an alternative?
fair; as an original tool to incentivize vaccine uptake it did its job, at this point i don't think there's much more blood to squeeze from that stone. notwithstanding the fact that they still haven't moved from 2 vaccinations equating to "fully vaccinated" despite the fact we're onto shot 4.

but is random testing for people entering the country really providing you good data on what's prevalent in the country? it's one alley to get that data from but wouldn't it be simpler to provide funding to provinces for public testing?

my biggest beef is that the policies are half assed in implementation versus intent and they aren't aligned

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971