CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! No more delusions of herd immunity.

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
Is it possible that the spike protein used in the Mnra vaccine can also do the same?
In the same article, they call out the need to get vaccinated so i'm guessing the answer is no.

PS. The MRNA vaccines do not actually contain any spike proteins. They provide a blueprint for the body to produce them and elicit an immune response accordingly.

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
And I tell you, BA5 is picking off all of the stragglers who have not yet had an infection. I know many people in this boat right now.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
And I tell you, BA5 is picking off all of the stragglers who have not yet had an infection. I know many people in this boat right now.
Yup, waiting for one SIL to pop, she is taking zero precautions. I need this wave to hurry TF up though, I’m missing you on these Gainz

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Is it possible that the spike protein used in the Mnra vaccine can also do the same?
The last theory I saw was that the vaccine was being accidentally administered into a vein (instead of muscle), some of the mRNA got to the heart as a result, triggered the production of spike proteins in the cells of the heart wall, then immune cells attack those cells (like they're supposed to) resulting in a bit of myocarditis and pericarditis.

That's somewhat different than Covid-19 actually infecting and attacking the heart or causing an inflammatory immune response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil NJ

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Polio + MPox 🧬
I haven't paid any attention to this stuff in a while. Is there a new polio vax? I've been vaxx'd against polio since forever. Do I need to get a polio booster and monkey pox vax, or just a polio booster, or just a monkey pox?

Also the last vax I got (moderna) was in February.

Would love to get one of everything, mix it all together and blast that in with a heavy gauge needle. If I live I'd be fucking impervious to everything except the common cold. :hmm:

edit: also what is the plan for flu season?

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
I haven't paid any attention to this stuff in a while. Is there a new polio vax? I've been vaxx'd against polio since forever. Do I need to get a polio booster and monkey pox vax, or just a polio booster, or just a monkey pox?

Would love to get one of everything, mix it all together and blast that in with a heavy gauge needle. If I live I'd be fucking impervious to everything except the common cold. :hmm:

Sorry, I have no clue, was a yolk.

For quite a while now I just skim the last page of this thread every few days.

Also, the standard .mil polio vax efficacy wanes after 6(?) years.

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Sorry, I have no clue, was a yolk.
:hahano:

Also, the standard .mil polio vax efficacy wanes after 6(?) years.
Nurse at the VA hospital has been pestering me for my shot records. I mean I get it - who wouldn't want to swap fluids with me. :wiggle:

I have so many random forms and papers with the various vax's I've received over 2 military careers and a few years of military contracting. I should probably put it all in a spreadsheet and see if she'll put them all in to my VA records. :hmm:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

The polio vax is protective against monkeypox the old school one which you probably got and the one we stockpiled apparently can have some nasty side effects and is not good for immunocompromised since it uses a live virus so deploying it at the population level might be an issue. The new one that we don’t have enough of yet does not use a live virus iirc.

Adults at risk of getting Polio are eligible to get a lifelong booster dose after 10 years of the primary series but not sure how that translates to the current monkepox situation:dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
The polio vax is protective against monkeypox the old school one which you probably got and the one we stockpiled apparently has some nasty side effects and is not good for immunocompromised since it uses a live virus so deploying it at the population level might be an issue. The new one that we don’t have enough of yet does not use a live virus iirc.

Adults at risk of getting Polio are eligible to get a lifelong booster dose after 10 years of the primary series but not sure how that translates to the current monkepox situation:dunno:
any news on the plan for next flu season?

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
In terms of the Flu shot? Probably same as every year, take the best guess at which strains will be circulating and formulate for that.
Thought I had heard they might combine covid booster w/flu shot at one time, but that could very well just have been an ambien dream. :o

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Scientists have made a “promising” advance towards developing a universal coronavirus vaccine to tackle Covid-19 and the common cold.

Researchers at the Francis Crick Institute in London have discovered that a specific area of the spike protein of Sars-CoV-2 – the virus that causes Covid-19 – is a good target for a pan-coronavirus jab that could offer protection against all the Covid-19 variants and common colds.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Disease detectives investigating a pair of medical mysteries in Mississippi have come to an unwelcome conclusion. The bacterium that causes a rare but dangerous disease called melioidosis is likely endemic in parts of the southern United States, along the Gulf Coast.

Melioidosis is generally considered a disease of the tropics. It can infect both people and a range of animals, including sheep and cows. Though infections are rare, it is dangerous enough to be seen as a potential bioterrorism weapon; it is classed as a Tier 1 select agent, the same class to which threats like Ebola and anthrax belong.

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place

Disease detectives investigating a pair of medical mysteries in Mississippi have come to an unwelcome conclusion. The bacterium that causes a rare but dangerous disease called melioidosis is likely endemic in parts of the southern United States, along the Gulf Coast.

Melioidosis is generally considered a disease of the tropics. It can infect both people and a range of animals, including sheep and cows. Though infections are rare, it is dangerous enough to be seen as a potential bioterrorism weapon; it is classed as a Tier 1 select agent, the same class to which threats like Ebola and anthrax belong.
nuke it from orbit imo

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada

The Article said:
People with certain health conditions — like diabetes, alcoholism, kidney disease, and chronic lung disease — are at greater risk of becoming seriously sick if they contract the illness.

So basically 90% of the US. :rofl:

• Sad
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529