CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Good Ol' Gil

OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
  • Haha
Reactions: Grape_Ape

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Very frustrating to feel 100% back to normal and still test positive immediately, at least make it suspenseful… I think I’m on day 7 but have felt fine since Wednesday

It’s possible that the antigen test is just picking up leftover “garbage” that wouldn’t infect anyone, but the science is still unsettled

poopies4u

Nov 26, 2001
Annapolis, MD

It’s possible that the antigen test is just picking up leftover “garbage” that wouldn’t infect anyone, but the science is still unsettled
I think by Sunday I’m just going to say fuck it, too hard on my wife and son. I still can’t believe they didn’t catch it.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
Paxlovid might be the real deal.

Symptoms started Wednesday afternoon with a cough. Felt kinda bad by Wednesday night.

Woke up Thursday feeling pretty shitty. Headache, cough worse, low grade fever. COVID test popped positive. Called my GP and he called in a Paxlovid script. Picked it up at noon and took first dose. Thursday progressed to me feeling like pure shit through the night. Fever went up to 101, couldn’t sleep. Had my 2nd dose of Paxlovid at 9:00pm. Metallic taste was terrible. Couldn’t sleep till well past 2:00am. Went to sleep feeling like pure hell.

Woke up Friday morning at 9:00am feeling 80% better. Just really tired. Went to sleep early and woke up at 11:00pm feeling almost 100%.

So only 1 day of.bad symptoms. Turned around in less than 24hrs after starting Paxlovid

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil NJ

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Paxlovid might be the real deal.

Symptoms started Wednesday afternoon with a cough. Felt kinda bad by Wednesday night.

Woke up Thursday feeling pretty shitty. Headache, cough worse, low grade fever. COVID test popped positive. Called my GP and he called in a Paxlovid script. Picked it up at noon and took first dose. Thursday progressed to me feeling like pure shit through the night. Fever went up to 101, couldn’t sleep. Had my 2nd dose of Paxlovid at 9:00pm. Metallic taste was terrible. Couldn’t sleep till well past 2:00am. Went to sleep feeling like pure hell.

Woke up Friday morning at 9:00am feeling 80% better. Just really tired. Went to sleep early and woke up at 11:00pm feeling almost 100%.

So only 1 day of.bad symptoms. Turned around in less than 24hrs after starting Paxlovid

How did you get Paxlovid? Are you higher risk because of other things?

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
How did you get Paxlovid? Are you higher risk because of other things?
In GA you can just look up a test to treat site, usually it’s a grocery store pharmacy or regular pharmacy. You go in, they test you and if positive they’ll prescribe it. I’ve had to do it from the MIL, SIL and BIL and from what I heard the pharmacist didn’t really care about high risk or not as they are already beyond busy.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Current SIL is weird, she went to pharmacy and they did her test and she is still negative, only time she showed positive was when she swabbed her throat. Thursday she has a sore throat and sweats, Friday she slept the whole day and by Friday night she was up and about like normal (in a mask). This morning she is out the door going to run :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nancy Sherman