CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Update on the FIL, been in the hospital for almost two weeks. They had to do surgery to shave his prostate away from his bladder and such. Has been slowly getting much better over the last few days though, finally no blood in his urine, blood levels are back to normal, they did radiation and chemo and he will have to do those regularly. Hopefully will be discharged today or tomorrow. :nod:

His mobility has gone to shit though, has to use a walker now and that’s going to be tough on him because he was super active before this. :hs:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Meanwhile I’m still testing positive on instant despite feeling 99% fml

Blow your nose out with Arm & Hammer saline spray (or another brand with the stronger aerosol) a couple of times a day until you test negative. Guarantee with as long as you've been positive that will help. We all did it in Hawaii and my Mom went negative in 6 days from first positive. Me and my Dad in 7.

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blow your nose out with Arm & Hammer saline spray (or another brand with the stronger aerosol) a couple of times a day until you test negative. Guarantee with as long as you've been positive that will help. We all did it in Hawaii and my Mom went negative in 6 days from first positive. Me and my Dad in 7.

yeah I don’t know why I’m not using the neti pot 10x a day. Thanks for the reminder.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
How did you get Paxlovid? Are you higher risk because of other things?
No, not high risk at all. Didn’t even know that was a requirement till after I got it. I assumed anyone could get it. Just called my GP, told them I was pozzed, and they called in the script to my pharmacy. Guess my GP doesn’t give a shit.

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, not high risk at all. Didn’t even know that was a requirement till after I got it. I assumed anyone could get it. Just called my GP, told them I was pozzed, and they called in the script to my pharmacy. Guess my GP doesn’t give a shit.

oh for fucks sake

my gp was all high and mighty about how I don’t need it

he may not have been wrong, because it felt like a mild flu for 48 hours, and then I was fine, just a little tiny bit of congestion and nasal drip.

but maybe it would help me get negative faster because isolating from wife and kiddo has been awful.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
oh for fucks sake

he may not have been wrong, because it felt like a mild flu for 48 hours, and then I was fine, just a little tiny bit of congestion and nasal drip.

but maybe it would help me get negative faster because isolating from wife and kiddo has been awful.

:dunno: not sure how it would have played out without it.

For the most part I have been locked up in our bedroom, but now My wife sounds like she is getting sick.

Daughter also feels bad.

How long have you been sick?

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
oh for fucks sake

Find a new doctor. Sounds like he entirety misses the point. I find it works best to just flip the risk back around to them

"Can I sue you for malpractice if I do develop long Covid? "

Bet you get a script real quick

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
12 days of symptoms? Sorry bud.

I had big difference between my test on Thursday vs Friday morning:

Thursday afternoon:

View attachment 250431

Friday morning:

View attachment 250432
Day 12 since any symptoms started, other than mild congestion I haven’t had anything going on since the first couple of days.

my test was the same. Mild and faint when I was first positive and then thick red nearly instantly the next couple of days. Now it takes about a minute or two to appear and is not as prominent but still there.

we’ll see if nose flushes will do anything.

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Started nasal rinse and saline flush yesterday. Huge difference. Now a barely barely noticeable second line on the test, and given that it’s like day 12 or something I’m basically done with this thing.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I dunno wtf is going on, daughter was sniffling and runny nose and sneezing for like two days, seems to be gone now. I’ve been a bit congested for last few days, clear mucus now and again when I blow my nose and throat a bit dry. Tested us both over last few days and nada.

SIL tested negative over last 4 days or so on 3 test, only showed positive on the first day she tested and that was from a throat swab. Had a sore throat Thursday, slept all day Friday woke up Saturday feeling fine and has been going since :dunno:

the_antsy_honda

...from my battered, fried paws
Dec 17, 2001
California
Fauci retiring just months after getting Covid and a rebound. He never looked the same afterward to me, wonder if he just decided not worth it anymore.
Dude's 81 and went through more stress in the last 2 years than most will in their lifetimes. He already did more for society than should be expected of anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman