CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Is it available to everyone?
Only certain groups, but like @Grape_Ape said how are they going to check? I went with my wife and they asked if she was getting a shot too, so clearly they’re kinda relaxed around here.

That being said, I got shot #1 today so hopefully I get some coverage and don’t get monkeypox in Ibiza. :noes:

Apparently 50% of people get a firm red bump that can be big on their forearm (where it’s injected), which might mean a bunch of dudes assuming I’m gay when they see it :rofl:

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

Earlier this year Gritstone bio reported that their own variant-proof candidate could train the immune system to recognise a broad range of viral proteins, while in June 2021 ImmunityBio revealed that their vaccine elicited immune responses against both the Alpha, Beta and Gamma variants of Sars-CoV-2.

"Our vaccine generated memory B cells which released massive amounts of antibodies against the virus, but also T cells that killed the infected cells," says Soon-Shiong. "It stopped the virus in its tracks, and was no longer detectable in the nose and lungs."

The most exciting findings so far have come from the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, who found that their vaccine showed immunising capabilities against a range of Covid-19 variants as well as the original Sars virus when tested in non-human primates. Readouts from a phase I trial are now expected imminently, with plans already underway for a larger phase II study later in 2022.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I haven’t been following as much with the zero Covid crowd. Are they decreasing in size yet? Do they still disinfect their groceries? Do they were n95 masks while driving in their own cars?

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada

@Phil NJ what in the world…

While I agree that post is a bit much, it would be ignorant to assume that case rates will not increase when kids return to school.

They will increase, that is almost certain. Whether that is of concern to you or not? You decide. :shrug:

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
~20 hours post-monkeypox vaccine, which I found out this morning is actually the JYNNEOS smallpox vaccine :eek3: super dope.

Nothing other than dime-sized area of red and slightly swollen skin. No itching, pain, or any other systemic things like headache/fatigue/fever. Fingers crossed this thing doesn't turn into a blister.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
While I agree that post is a bit much, it would be ignorant to assume that case rates will not increase when kids return to school.

They will increase, that is almost certain. Whether that is of concern to you or not? You decide. :shrug:
My daughter has been in school for like 5 months now and I haven’t even heard of a case tbh

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

The coronavirus variants of concern are emerging from chronic, long-term COVID infections in people who may be immune comprised and unable to clear the virus, a new study strongly suggests. Frontiers in Virologypublished the findings by scientists at Emory University and the University of Oxford.

"Rather than evolving from transmission chains of acute COVID infections in hundreds of millions of people, our results show that the variants of concern come from rare cases when someone may have an active infection for months," says Daniel Weissman, a corresponding author and Emory professor of biology and physics focused on quantitative evolutionary theory.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

The researchers found that Paxlovid reduced hospitalizations among people 65 and older by roughly 75% when given shortly after infection. That’s consistent with earlier results used to authorize the drug in the U.S. and other nations.

But people between the ages of 40 and 65 saw no measurable benefit, according to the analysis of medical records.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I haven’t been following as much with the zero Covid crowd. Are they decreasing in size yet? Do they still disinfect their groceries? Do they were n95 masks while driving in their own cars?
All that are left are either truly nuts or have been so broken by the last few years that they either don’t leave their houses or only do so in N95s, even to meet with friends outdoors and of course the grifters are stilling clinging on.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil NJ

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Well after all this time covid finally hit my house. I wasn't feel good last week same with my daughter. We both tested negative. Wife starting not feeling well Sunday thought was just delayed from what me and our daughter had, then last night she said dinner tasted off. Took a covid test and she was positive. So tested entire family and her and our daughter are positive. I'm negative still (for the time being) and so is our son but he was kind of hard to do a swab so he is probably positive too.

• Support
Reactions: N8 and Phil NJ

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza