CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Booster available this Wednesday at Walgreens near me

Haven’t had any lethargy or reactions to previous vaccinations

….but dunno if I wanna risk being out of it. Wife had our son via c section this morning so I’m mr mom while she recovers :run:, may wait til after she’s not fucked up to get mine
Congrats good ol Gil :h5:

Accordinly Done

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2002
Florida
SO finally got the Virus. She started symptoms on Monday. Fever, chills, cough and fatiuge. How long has everyone self isolated? I have been staying in opposite side of house and wearing n95 in common area of home. She no longer has a fever and still has a lingering cough.

• Support
Reactions: Phil NJ

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Around here Walgreens are taking appointments starting on Wednesday but Pfizer only. CVS’s website keeps timing out, I’ll probably watch Publix so I can get my flu shot at the same time and use the gift card for that Samich

Edit, CVS as soon as Tuesday but I’m heading out of town that day so I’ll have to wait until I come back

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

"Our study shows that omicron BA.2.75 has approximately the same level of resistance to antibodies as the dominant variant BA.5, which is reassuring news if we were to suffer a BA.2.75 wave in Sweden", says Ben Murrell, assistant professor at the Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, and the study's senior author.

The researchers from Karolinska Institutet, University of Cape Town, South Africa, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, Karolinska University Hospital, and Imperial College London, Great Britain, have also investigated whether antiviral monoclonal antibodies, which are used clinically to treat already infected patients, lose their effect against omicron BA.2.75, compared to BA.5. Here, too, the researchers found no alarming differences.

Reactions: Vanilla Tarantino

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

The study results indicate that among the vaccinated population, individuals with no documented infection were at a higher risk of BA.5 infection than those with the hybrid immunity provided by a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection. Among the latter, persons infected with an older subvariant of Omicron (BA.1 or BA.2) faced a lower risk of BA.5 infection than those infected with one of the earlier variants such as Wuhan-Hu-1, Alpha, or Delta.

Omicron doesn't protect against Omicron :artshark:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
In case anyone cares: I'm 10 days out from the first shot of JYNNEOS and the bump is smaller, but still firm and dark red. Top layer of skin dried/peeled a bit, but otherwise no issues.

More importantly, I'm fucking FULL SEND in Ibiza right now with zero fucks to give about covid or monkeypox @Grape_Ape would be seriously proud :rofl:
1662226095327.gif

Reactions: hootpie

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
Got a Thursday appointment for the updated Moderna. I did Pfizer for the first three this time Moderna was the first appointment and it doesn't seems like every country is allowing mix-n-match.

Just in time before my sister shows up on my door step with a child too young to vaccinate.

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
@N8

The Article said:
"Without new antibiotics, we will see the end of modern medicine," said Gorr.

I find quotes like that absolutely chilling.

Reactions: Grape_Ape

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
SO finally got the Virus. She started symptoms on Monday. Fever, chills, cough and fatiuge. How long has everyone self isolated? I have been staying in opposite side of house and wearing n95 in common area of home. She no longer has a fever and still has a lingering cough.

Wife and daughter had it Friday last week, I did not self isolate all week, never popped positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza