CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
just had a pfizer bivalent booster and a flu shot on the same arm 12 hours ago
sore as usual and now im starting to get the chills, going to be sick for a day
same reaction every time
:noes:

• Support
Reactions: Wolf

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Just checked. Moderna out of stock everywhere that I’ve looked within a 50 mile radius of me :down:
Happened here, when I booked mine it was only a day or two but only Walgreens had it. Went back to book the in-laws and the wife and it was two to three weeks out, they ended up getting Pfizer :oopsie:

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Happened here, when I booked mine it was only a day or two but only Walgreens had it. Went back to book the in-laws and the wife and it was two to three weeks out, they ended up getting Pfizer :oopsie:
They did this shit when first rolling out the original vaccine as well. They’ve had two years to work on their manufacturing process. They’re such buttholes, but I want that extra 10 micrograms.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California

Every time a new variant pops up I remember this thing that was tweeted in early days (and retweeted quite a bit) that I believed/hoped to be true: "Covid-19 has a very slow mutation rate, so we don't expect it to evade immunity or change too much."

493208432,3290842,4334893 variants later I'm like :mad:

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Every time a new variant pops up I remember this thing that was tweeted in early days (and retweeted quite a bit) that I believed/hoped to be true: "Covid-19 has a very slow mutation rate, so we don't expect it to evade immunity or change too much."

I was definitely on board that train. I was wrong. We learned a lot. :hs:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

G O F
:oopsie:

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
need advice y'all

i've had 2 modernas and a moderna booster (about a year ago)

was gonna get the bivalent vaccine the moment it became available

but i finally got covid right before it rolled out, little over a month ago

do i get the bivalent vaccine now? thinking about riding natural immunity for a few months and saving the bivalent booster for just before the holidays -- feel like i'll get more juice for the squeeze by pushing that max-antibody period further into winter

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
need advice y'all

i've had 2 modernas and a moderna booster (about a year ago)

was gonna get the bivalent vaccine the moment it became available

but i finally got covid right before it rolled out, little over a month ago

do i get the bivalent vaccine now? thinking about riding natural immunity for a few months and saving the bivalent booster for just before the holidays -- feel like i'll get more juice for the squeeze by pushing that max-antibody period further into winter
The standard answer is 2-3 months following infection. Really, I think 3 should be the minimum, and your infection immunity should still be strong up to that time. 4-6 months post infection is probably better.

Especially since you just had (likely) BA.5 and there isn’t a new variant that seems to be really ramping up (they’re out there, just not getting a ton of traction right now) getting the booster too soon could lower the benefit.

I believe you’re right to wait for the holidays to maximize your benefit - that is, be less likely to contract it and bring it with you, be less likely to contract it if somebody you’re celebrating with has it, and be more likely to recover quickly and without really bad symptoms if you do catch the bug.

Get boosted 1-2 weeks prior to your first holiday gatherings to maximize your benefit and party hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza