CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I've been out of this thread for a long time. I need to schedule the bivalent booster for my wife and myself. We're both triple pfizer with our 3rd shot being October of 2021. Should we go Moderna or are they both about the same?

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I've been out of this thread for a long time. I need to schedule the bivalent booster for my wife and myself. We're both triple pfizer with our 3rd shot being October of 2021. Should we go Moderna or are they both about the same?
Pretty much same for us, PPP with last one in September 2021. We got Moderna Bivalent ones this time, couple weeks ago. I think overall the data shows its been better at every step.

Reactions: amill94

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Pretty much same for us, PPP with last one in September 2021. We got Moderna Bivalent ones this time, couple weeks ago. I think overall the data shows its been better at every step.
I know it's different for everybody but did you have any different or worse "side effects" vs the pfizer shots? For me I only had issues after the second dose and it was just body ache and low energy for most of the next day. First shot and booster had no real issues for the most part. My wife was wrecked after the second shot and nothing after the booster.

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I know it's different for everybody but did you have any different or worse "side effects" vs the pfizer shots? For me I only had issues after the second dose and it was just body ache and low energy for most of the next day. First shot and booster had no real issues for the most part. My wife was wrecked after the second shot and nothing after the booster.
I experienced nothing but a sore injection site, maybe a headache?

Wife had similar experience to her other shots; fever, general malaise for a few days.

Reactions: amill94

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Crazy when my SIL kids caught Covid the ran a fever for a day, coughed a few times and were back to normal by day two daughter never caught it that I know of even having been around them for days. With the flu she has ran a fever for two days, coughing like crazy, stuffy nose, had to do urgent care yesterday and they gave her tamiflu. Fever finally gone today and cough is getting better.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Crazy when my SIL kids caught Covid the ran a fever for a day, coughed a few times and were back to normal by day two daughter never caught it that I know of even having been around them for days. With the flu she has ran a fever for two days, coughing like crazy, stuffy nose, had to do urgent care yesterday and they gave her tamiflu. Fever finally gone today and cough is getting better.
I know I’ll get shit on for this but most of the kids getting Covid are bouncing back quickly. My son had it worse with a regular cold than with Covid

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
They are not the same, Moderna is a larger dose at .5ML vs. .3 for pfizer. Sometimes things are just not complicated and more is better. Data also sbowed better performance for primary series but really no need to overanalyze

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
They are not the same, Moderna is a larger dose at .5ML vs. .3 for pfizer. Sometimes things are just not complicated and more is better. Data also sbowed better performance for primary series but really no need to overanalyze
I know the dosage was different. I was referring to the performance of the bivalent booster against infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman