CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Being "over it" is just a coping mechanism, it's become one of those stupid idioms that doesn't translate to any improvement in the situation. Let's check back in a few weeks, people who had Covid in the summer are already sick again here in NYC.

The hypochondriac I know are the people asking themselves "what are the pros and cons of vaccination" and "do I really need to wear a mask on a plane" just overthinking every precaution instead of having a consistent plan. very poor risk avoidance skills among that group.
:yikes: my state's hospitalization numbers are flatlined. 1 in 23,000 people is hospitalized for COVID, and 1 in 130,000 is in the ICU. that's not exactly cause for alarm any more. it's just not causing severe disease around here at this point. I don't think masks should be required, although I do wish they were more common, but if no one is wearing them, I feel a little odd being one of the few. we still wear them all day every day at the hospital though.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
I’m so, so tired of all the fear mongering.

People saying Covid will cause everyone to get cancer and die

People saying it’s worse than AIDs

People saying T cell immunity means nothing

One of the reasons why i don’t go on Twitter as much.
It's a lot, but this is the scientists' jam. They normally do this kind of research, we just don't hear about it or care. It is also so important to discover what health issues covid could cause in order to try to mitigate them.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Brother gave covid to his fiancee, ooppss.
He said they are getting better. I'm curious to see how covid impacts my brother because he lives with a vape in his mouth.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
It's a lot, but this is the scientists' jam. They normally do this kind of research, we just don't hear about it or care. It is also so important to discover what health issues covid could cause in order to try to mitigate them.
It’s not even the scientist that drive me crazy so much as the “Covid zero” looneys on Twitter and other social media outlets.

Reactions: Grape_Ape and kitty

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Although I’m certainly not anti vaxx, I have not gotten my kids vaccinated for Covid. Both kids had it and we would have never known unless we got them tested.

My wife and I are vaccinated, and I may get the BA5 booster closer to the holiday season depending on how bad cases get
I hear this a lot and from friends who I thought were really smart. But there is no reason not to do it. People focus on the cold like immediate effects (a huge mistake) and assume kids have some immunity. It's a fallistic of line of thinking that falls apart when you think what do at their next infection. Following that reasoning parents will never vax their kids until after they get really sick.

I said to one dude "So you will never introduce vax based immunity to your kid? Relying on their strong immune system?" The anti vax vortex forms. All that's left to do is jump in with both feet.

Parents need to get used to the new reality. Boosting yearly or more often like you would do with a dog.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I hear this a lot and from friends who I thought were really smart. But there is no reason not to do it. People focus on the cold like immediate effects (a huge mistake) and assume kids have some immunity. It's a fallistic of line of thinking that falls apart when you think what do at their next infection. Following that reasoning parents will never vax their kids until after they get really sick.

I said to one dude "So you will never introduce vax based immunity to your kid? Relying on their strong immune system?" The anti vax vortex forms. All that's left to do is jump in with both feet.

Parents need to get used to the new reality. Boosting yearly or more often like you would do with a dog.
I’m not boosting myself yearly. Esp for something that will most likely infect me anyway. This is not going to be an every 6-12 month normal practice for me. This is coming from someone who got vaccinated in early early 2021.

If others want to do so then that’s awesome! I totally see why others would want to do so.

I’m constantly around the public and interacting with people daily. I’ve been around Covid positive people before, and have had it myself.

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Just go on and jump in that anti vax whirlpool 🤣

To this line of thinking I say: Good luck. The whole point of any vax for any man, woman, kid, dog is to prevent or lessen aftereffects of a future infection. Just because someone was infected or exposed. Prior results do not guarantee a similar future outcome

• Clown
Reactions: Grape_Ape and Vivid

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Just go on and jump in that anti vax whirlpool 🤣

To this line of thinking I say: Good luck. The whole point of any vax for any man, woman, kid, dog is to prevent or lessen aftereffects of a future infection. Just because someone was infected or exposed. Prior results do not guarantee a similar future outcome
Labeling me anti vaxx is pretty hilarious. I’m quite the opposite I encouraged my father to get boosted just this past week. But ok.

Reactions: Grape_Ape

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Pfizer bivalent booster for both myself and kiddo tonight. :bigthumb:

Embarrassingly, I have been reading mostly about COVID and not listening to anyone pronouncing "bivalent". I had my own "a-prose-prose" moment when asking if it was the bivalent (pronounced like the last 3 syllables of ambivalent) vaccine. :o
How high are you right now 👀

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
It’s time to disengage with Digums

His delivery is a bit aggressive, but I don't disagree with him on some points. Like what is the downside of getting boosted yearly? 10 minutes of your time? I have a pharmacy 100m from me at the end of the street, I can go while grabbing my lunch on a sunny afternoon.

I don't see it being any different than getting a yearly flu vaccine.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
His delivery is a bit aggressive, but I don't disagree with him on some points. Like what is the downside of getting boosted yearly? 10 minutes of your time? I have a pharmacy 100m from me at the end of the street, I can go while grabbing my lunch on a sunny afternoon.

I don't see it being any different than getting a yearly flu vaccine.
You know me, I’ll get boosted every 10 minutes. At the same time I also recognize 99 percent of the earth has moved on and mandates aren’t going to work in any “free” country.

Reactions: N8 and Good Ol' Gil

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
You know me, I’ll get boosted every 10 minutes. At the same time I also recognize 99 percent of the earth has moved on and mandates aren’t going to work in any “free” country.

Oh I agree, and I certainly wasn't suggesting a mandate. The time for that has long since passed.

But the whole "I can't be bothered" mentality boggles my mind. People will sit in line for 30 minutes to save $0.20/gallon on gas at Costco, but won't take 10 minutes yearly to keep up to date on their vaccines? :gtfo3:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman