CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Depends? When I’m doubt better to have it checked out I would say
I tried to get Paxlovid today but was advised that I'm not high enough risk for it. Currently in bed and stir crazy with myalgia, had it all day. 10mg of indica edible sure helps though, a lot. The myalgia is crazy. However, I could also be the contusions and minor abrasions on every limb at work here from the bike crash lol. Whatever this is, it's quite bad and I dislike it.

My wife is sleeping in the other room with a 102.8* temp but otherwise no symptoms, lol.

Jazz

Powerhouse of the Scrum
Mar 14, 2000
Whistler, BC

RSV also running wild

I’m currently nursing a 2.5 year old who tested positive for both RSV and adenovirus - day 5 and she’s still spiking high fevers when the meds wear off and not drinking anything. Had a doctors appointment today and if she refuses fluids for another 12 hours, we’ll be at the hospital tomorrow for an IV.

Luckily my parents are on vacation so their house is empty - my wife took the 6 month old there the first morning the oldest woke up with a fever, and she’s still fine so she’s probably in the clear now that it’s been 5 days.

My oldest had Covid with the rest of the family in February just before the baby was born. That was a walk in the park compared to this - she had a mild fever for like 18 hours and a few sniffles and that was it. My wife and I both fully vaccinated had a similar experience.

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Daughter had started wearing her mask again asked her what was up, she said one of the kids was coughing. Get an email today that a kid in her grade level tested positive. :squint:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I’m currently nursing a 2.5 year old who tested positive for both RSV and adenovirus - day 5 and she’s still spiking high fevers when the meds wear off and not drinking anything. Had a doctors appointment today and if she refuses fluids for another 12 hours, we’ll be at the hospital tomorrow for an IV.

Luckily my parents are on vacation so their house is empty - my wife took the 6 month old there the first morning the oldest woke up with a fever, and she’s still fine so she’s probably in the clear now that it’s been 5 days.

My oldest had Covid with the rest of the family in February just before the baby was born. That was a walk in the park compared to this - she had a mild fever for like 18 hours and a few sniffles and that was it. My wife and I both fully vaccinated had a similar experience.
Same thing happened to my good bud and his 3 year old, they were in the hospital for a few days because the kid needed some minor surgery. Went home and a few days later back at the hospital because he was having trouble breathing, RSV and adenovirus.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

:hug: rsv is no joke

Reactions: Grape_Ape

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Wife had her booster yesterday.

Received a text this morning from the principal at her school she teaches at that the principal tested + this morning.

Wife was in her office with her for about 10 mins yesterday. Let's see what happens... sigh.

Reactions: Armin Tamzarian

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Wife got her Pfizer bivalent booster. One night of sleeping poorly + some achiness + injection site soreness the next day and she's back to normal. Resting heart rate was +10bpm for about 24 hours, but no fever/chills or any other symptoms.

michael

Your Brother *is* Christ
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
“We see essentially no difference” between the old boosters and the new about a month after the shot, said Dr. David Ho, professor of microbiology and immunology at Columbia, whose team authored one of the studies.

Immunologists say a vaccine against two strains may not be better than a single strain shot because of a phenomenon called immune imprinting. Scientists say imprinting may complicate efforts to stay ahead of new variants as the coronavirus continues to evolve, and it adds urgency to the development of new vaccine technologies to fight the virus.

cant win

Jazz

Powerhouse of the Scrum
Mar 14, 2000
Whistler, BC
Same thing happened to my good bud and his 3 year old, they were in the hospital for a few days because the kid needed some minor surgery. Went home and a few days later back at the hospital because he was having trouble breathing, RSV and adenovirus.
Luckily the cough is incredibly mild (like hours between) and no trouble breathing. So the respiratory stuff is not an issue - which is weird because her swab came back positive for two different respiratory viruses.

I’ve tried everything for hydration and no luck - popsicles, juice boxes, yogurt drinkables, 7-11 slurpee. Nothing is working.

:hug: rsv is no joke
Nope…

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman