CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
That sucks, but you aren't helpless. Recommend that you level up precautions. Lots of research going into blocking infection at the nose. There are some steps you can take, I use Enovid (Israeli nasal spray) and Nozin for high risk situations and anywhere I will be maskless.

Good Ol' Gil

Mar 10, 2003
Monterey, CA
That sucks, but you aren't helpless. Recommend that you level up precautions. Lots of research going into blocking infection at the nose. There are some steps you can take, I use Enovid (Israeli nasal spray) and Nozin for high risk situations and anywhere I will be maskless.
Link? Can I buy colon silver and horse paste there too ?!

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
Fgu0dQhUAAAg_s7

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
ok, I have a question that may seem dumb. I was wearing a three-layer disposable mask. Took it out of the wrapper and put it on. I had been wearing it for hours while shopping. Ran into an acquaintance and he asked how long I had been wearing it. Then he told me they were only good for around 15 -30 mins. then bacteria got stuck in them and they were ineffective. He said he was an LPN and that's why he knows this. I said, "That's good to know, but honestly some people smell really gross so I'll keep wearing it when around them.".

Am I crazy or is he? Doctors don't change their masks every 15-30 mins.

p.s. This is after I overheard two women talking. One had covid about a week ago and the other said she didn't know she had covid when she had it. Neither wear masks.

• Haha
Reactions: Das_Ubermensch

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
ok, I have a question that may seem dumb. I was wearing a three-layer disposable mask. Took it out of the wrapper and put it on. I had been wearing it for hours while shopping. Ran into an acquaintance and he asked how long I had been wearing it. Then he told me they were only good for around 15 -30 mins. then bacteria got stuck in them and they were ineffective. He said he was an LPN and that's why he knows this. I said, "That's good to know, but honestly some people smell really gross so I'll keep wearing it when around them.".

p.s. This is after I overheard two women talking. One had covid about a week ago and the other said she didn't know she had covid when she had it. Neither wear masks.
That’s assuming that the area you were in was saturated with viruses. And I mean absolutely saturated.

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
That’s assuming that the area you were in was saturated with viruses. And I mean absolutely saturated.
gotcha so he was correct if I was standing in a covid ward?

edit: he kept saying he couldn't hear me so I would take my mask off.

edit 2: He said he worked at a nursing home and was fired in Feb/March (?) and his license was about to expire. I'm starting to think he might be anti-vax 🤯 But he drives to some river/spring to get fresh water and treat it so it's pure. Maybe not hippy and actually Q. That would explain his love of essential oils. Damn it! He was cute 😡

Last edited:

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California

You can reuse them, there were even studies about it at since point early on in the pandemic but I can't find them.

Think it was just a weird pick up line tbh :o

Reactions: kitty

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
There is some truth that they only "work" so long though in regards to average time to infection.

This is older but probably not wrong
OG-GD258_c80e66_APP_20220102152605.jpg

I think it's less to do with the masks themselves being "used up" and more to do with statistical chance over time that x% filtration vs y% viral load will infect you

• Support

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
You can reuse them, there were even studies about it at since point early on in the pandemic but I can't find them.

Think it was just a weird pick up line tbh :o
I just re-walked the whole conversation and think you are correct. I'm an idiot :o

I don't even reuse disposables. They are everywhere now, so I'm stocked up in my purse, car, and house.

• Haha
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Thanks for the info. Good to know I'm not crazy, I'm an idiot. Sincerely, Thank you!
COVID crew got your back

I only think about this because I have kids in school and have wondered if the masks even help. Cooped up with a bunch of other kids with variable mask types and fitment = it's a goddamn miracle we haven't gotten covid yet....that we know of

• Support

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
COVID crew got your back

I only think about this because I have kids in school and have wondered if the masks even help. Cooped up with a bunch of other kids with variable mask types and fitment = it's a goddamn miracle we haven't gotten covid yet....that we know of
I credit the chili ❤️❤️

• Haha
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California

Life pro-tip: when a nurse says something that goes against common medical advice, ignore them.

• Haha

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
There is some truth that they only "work" so long though in regards to average time to infection.

This is older but probably not wrong
OG-GD258_c80e66_APP_20220102152605.jpg

I think it's less to do with the masks themselves being "used up" and more to do with statistical chance over time that x% filtration vs y% viral load will infect you
Outdated and one of the best examples of how 'following the science' is influenced by US politics and economic policy.

Australian authorities documented transmission between two passing travelers in Bondi Junction, NSW where infection occurred after only a few seconds of passing exposure

Well known case in Aus that influenced health policy there. In the US, business lobby and R states pushed back on CDC saying anything less than 15 minutes and closer than 6 feet. To say so would mean people need to wear masks everywhere! Like China!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman