CREW SRS Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
My guy, even within this thread of the few people left on this forum who even care about Covid anymore there are only maybe two of you who are 2020 worried left, extrapolate that as you wish
It's really just a coping mechanism when the average guy says "I don't care'" - it's bullshit and not really something that is true.

Tell a room full of people that someone has covid and that room clears out. Kids still stay home from school when sick. Businesses still care very much about avoiding liability for workers getting sick. And people who get sick still worry that there's a slim chance they could die.

People need to be honest with themselves and we will all get to a better spot.

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
It's really just a coping mechanism when the average guy says "I don't care'" - it's bullshit and not really something that is true.

Tell a room full of people that someone has covid and that room clears out. Kids still stay home from school when sick. Businesses still care very much about avoiding liability for workers getting sick. And people who get sick still worry that there's a slim chance they could die.

People need to be honest with themselves and we will all get to a better spot.
I don't get what you're trying to say. It's all risk management. COVID isn't going away so you can't live the life of a shut-in forever.

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Risk management does not equal risk ignorance or total risk acceptance. Saying anything with 'live your life' just reduces the problem to an idiom, easy to get on board with the concept but falls apart when you consider the consequences of one infection after another.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Long game? They have no immunity built up. If this is even remotely accurate their citizens have almost zero exposure to Covid. Covid is not going to go away ever. Do you really think they are just going to lockdown forever?

View attachment 274068
conspiracy hat on
what if china engineered the virus and knows that it reactivates in 5-10 years killing the host and that's why they're maintaining a zero covid policy :noes:
conspiracy hat off

• Cool
Reactions: Das_Ubermensch

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
But yeah we know there's risk, we know there tools to use to mitigate the risk, and then there's the fact it's never going away, and then the fact I'm going to die in 20-30 years anyway (hopefully) so I think making some reasonable choices against that risk is sane

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Bro that's impossible

It's the vaccine that does that :slap:
I'm trying to figure out what China's strategy is here.

They locked their shit down pre-vaccines. Makes sense we kinda sorta did too.
They came out with vaccines that sucked with shitty vaccination rates iirc.
Instead of buying the better vaccines for their population they stuck with their own. I guess hubris is a thing.
They're still staying locked down...to what end? What's the logic here?

Realistically there's no way China has any data that we don't that would say, "You want to get this thing ZERO times because it will fuck your shit up long term" beyond what we already know about long covid and the associated risks of infection. Those things apply to a relatively low percentage of the population. Maybe China is simply worried about "even 1% of our enormous population getting long covid fucks us up bad, so let's not even risk it"?

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
conspiracy hat on
what if china engineered the virus and knows that it reactivates in 5-10 years killing the host and that's why they're maintaining a zero covid policy :noes:
conspiracy hat off
Don’t you know that Bill Gates is in bed with China and made the virus himself personally so he can inject 5g nano bots straight into our veins and make it so when we die we don’t go to heaven?

….I still think it came from the lab though lol

• Wow
Reactions: hootpie

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California

Instead of buying the better vaccines for their population they stuck with their own. I guess hubris is a thing.

Realistically there's no way China has any data that we don't that would say, "You want to get this thing ZERO times because it will fuck your shit up long term" beyond what we already know about long covid and the associated risks of infection. Those things apply to a relatively low percentage of the population. Maybe China is simply worried about "even 1% of our enormous population getting long covid fucks us up bad, so let's not even risk it"?
Never underestimate the power of saving face in Chinese culture.

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Don’t you know that Bill Gates is in bed with China and made the virus himself personally so he can inject 5g nano bots straight into our veins and make it so when we die we don’t go to heaven?

….I still think it came from the lab though lol
I think it's definitely possible that it came from a lab either thru negligence or malice

But it won't ever be proven and theres no real point in focusing on that unless you want to start a war.... Buy that's another thread I guess

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

With that many people I don’t think China has the infrastructure, especially outside of major city centers to handle the amount of sickness/death that would happen, especially they still haven’t vaccinated the elderly/vulnerable with competent vaccines

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY

Probably a combo of things going on there

They can't handle widespread sickness
They had shitty vaccines until the inhaled one
They knew early on covid would mutate fast
They suspect covid will linger in body
They are trying to find a drug that will block transmission

And, most importantly, they see the west fucking up big. Covid exposure is virtually unavoidable, 1.3m Americans died and more dying and govts had to resort to convincing people to ignore the risk. The Chinese see major opportunities in this.

Google "American hegemony China" and you can rabbit hole down tons of sites explaining the strategy.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
BN.1 is the variant you don't want to catch

FhSxBdUVQAETqnm

Reactions: Phil NJ

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

RESULTS A total of 964 children (3.0%) experienced documented reinfection. The incidence rate of SARS-CoV-2 documented reinfections was 3.2 (CI 3.0-3.4) cases per 1000 person-months and was highest in adolescents aged 12-17 years (3.4; CI 3.2-3.7). Most reinfections (905, 93.9%) were recorded in 2022. The reinfection risk was 1.3% at six months, 1.9% at nine months, 4.0% at 12 months, 6.7% at 15 months, 7.2% at 18 months and 7.9% after 21 months.
Pediatric COVID-19 cases were generally mild. The proportion of severe clinical forms decreased from 14 (1.4%) in initial episodes to 3 (0.3%) in reinfections. Reinfected children were 4.7 times more likely to suffer from severe disease during initial infection compared to reinfection (McNemar OR=4.7; 95%CI 1.3-16.2, p=0.015). Pediatric reinfections rarely led to hospitalization (0.5% vs. 1.3% during primary infections) and none resulted in death.
CONCLUSION AND RELEVANCE Reinfections are becoming more frequent as the pandemic progresses, yet the risk remains substantially lower for children and adolescents compared to adults. Pediatric infections rarely had clinical consequences and reinfections were even milder than primary infections.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman