Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Question: Would you all get your 2-year-old vaccinated now? He just turned two, he just had RSV and 3-4 months before probably had covid. It was hard to test him but his mom and sister where both positive. I just have not read anything recently that would push me to get him vaccinated. I think the Kids shots are still the original strain which almost does nothing against the current variants (am I wrong here?) and with the new variants seemly being milder of illness I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind getting them vaccinated.

Notes. My wife and I are all vaxed plus first booster and our 6-year-old daughter was vaccinated as soon as we could get her. I'm just not sure how much its needed anymore with the new variants and rather not give them shots that he or they don't really benefit from.

Please correct my thinking if I am wrong here, I'm going back and forth on this one.
I follow one simple rule when it comes to my family: Take the most precautionary approach available. And that means the kids are vaxxed and boosted because even a small benefit is better than none.

Sure there will be people (and some who sound really smart) telling you that this really boils down to a cost/benefit sort of value proposition but that really misses the point. When you ask them to really drill down on what the costs or risks are they fall apart.

Some of what you are saying assumes that there is a negative to child vaccination. You really need to drill down on what that negative is and why you think it is a valid point

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I follow one simple rule when it comes to my family: Take the most precautionary approach available. And that means the kids are vaxxed and boosted because even a small benefit is better than none.

Sure there will be people (and some who sound really smart) telling you that this really boils down to a cost/benefit sort of value proposition but that really misses the point. When you ask them to really drill down on what the costs or risks are they fall apart.

Some of what you are saying assumes that there is a negative to child vaccination. You really need to drill down on what that negative is and why you think it is a valid point
I don’t think there are negatives. My wife doesn’t want to vaccinate them so I oblige by her wishes.

They are 100% up to date with vaccinations otherwise including a yearly flu shot

OLBERTMAN

;)
OT Supporter
Oct 12, 2005
North Carolina
Speaking of the flu I now know 4 people close to me who’ve been hospitalized after having the flu. All with gastric and intestinal issues.
Wife and I cancelled thanksgiving dinner and a trip to her dads house in PA. Even gave away floor seats to 76ers / Hornests on that wednesday night. Both of us had horrible stomach cramps / diarrhea and horrible cough / sneezing / fevers.

I got terrified since all of my GI issuses in the past.

• Support
Reactions: Phil NJ

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Speaking of the flu I now know 4 people close to me who’ve been hospitalized after having the flu. All with gastric and intestinal issues.
I’d be curious to see the flu and colds and other viral infections drilled down to the level of covid and what they do throughout the body. One of my sisters in law has the flu right now and she said she wishes she had got Covid again instead.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I’d be curious to see the flu and colds and other viral infections drilled down to the level of covid and what they do throughout the body. One of my sisters in law has the flu right now and she said she wishes she has got Covid again instead.
All these infections cause inflammation in the body which may result in bad stuff happening. My friend caught Covid early 2021 and had to have his gallbladder removed a few weeks later. Could have been a coincidence but who knows.

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis

I see your point about assuming there are negatives. I really don't see a negative but not sure how much positive there is so why make them go through with the another shot and possibly not feeling well/sore arm the next day?

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Makes sense. I work 7 miles from the SC border :dunno:
And that’s despite a good match this year, I think it came earlier than expected and a lot of people forgot about it in the covid craze, we even slacked with my daughter this year

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Question: Would you all get your 2-year-old vaccinated now? He just turned two, he just had RSV and 3-4 months before probably had covid. It was hard to test him but his mom and sister where both positive. I just have not read anything recently that would push me to get him vaccinated. I think the Kids shots are still the original strain which almost does nothing against the current variants (am I wrong here?) and with the new variants seemly being milder of illness I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind getting them vaccinated.

Notes. My wife and I are all vaxed plus first booster and our 6-year-old daughter was vaccinated as soon as we could get her. I'm just not sure how much its needed anymore with the new variants and rather not give them shots that he or they don't really benefit from.

Please correct my thinking if I am wrong here, I'm going back and forth on this one.

Reactions: talontsiawd

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I’d still love to know wtf I had two weeks ago and my daughter had last week. No fever, no body aches etc. Nose congestion for a few days then a cough that went away after like a day or two.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
And that’s despite a good match this year, I think it came earlier than expected and a lot of people forgot about it in the covid craze, we even slacked with my daughter this year

We all got ours in early October :x:

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
I see your point about assuming there are negatives. I really don't see a negative but not sure how much positive there is so why make them go through with the another shot and possibly not feeling well/sore arm the next day?
Problem is you never know. Vaccines protect you from the infection you will get and not the one you have or had. Kids bitch and moan about going into car seats too.

The one thing that has been 100% certain is that precautionary approaches work. For me there really has to be a much better reason to peel back family layers of precautions than a sore arm

Reactions: talontsiawd

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

In what researchers are calling a scientific breakthrough, scientists behind a new study may have found the biological reason we get more respiratory illnesses in winter. It turns out the cold air itself damages the immune response occurring in the nose.

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California

In what researchers are calling a scientific breakthrough, scientists behind a new study may have found the biological reason we get more respiratory illnesses in winter. It turns out the cold air itself damages the immune response occurring in the nose.
So the asians were right all along

:eek3:

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore

That actually makes a lot of sense

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Me too wtf it’s been like 2 weeks with this stomach problem, lots of people complaining about stomach issues . Glad you said something

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Me too wtf it’s been like 2 weeks with this stomach problem, lots of people complaining about stomach issues . Glad you said something
Yeah people say that Covid causes some long term effects but this flu strain is causing some major inflammation issues with some people.

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Yeah people say that Covid causes some long term effects but this flu strain is causing some major inflammation issues with some people.
Has to be it , wife has it. Numerous people I’ve talked to complained about same stomach issues

• Support

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy