Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
FkHAbrVWQAUp58Q

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY

• Flu transmission can be stopped
• ‘Nonpharmaceutical interventions’ work
• Flu can spread via aerosols
• ‘Long flu’ may be a risk
• Asymptomatic flu infections may be underappreciated
• People want to test — and they’re good at it
The latest quack trope is to blame this year's flu increase on the fact that people were previously masking, yet sticking to the argument that Flu is not airborne, but droplet spread and that masks don't work against droplets. These are the world's brightest Twitter doctors we're talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY

This one's gonna boil the blood of never-mask crew. If you recall, Red governor of VA is anti mask. He forbid schools from ever requiring masks. Not based on any legal or scientific argument but because masks are a mandate and mandates bad. Parents of disabled kids sued.

The settlement really undercut the argument that just because most kids accept risk of illness, all kids should. Looks like VA chose to settle rather than have established caselaw that required ADA accommodation for masking.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000

Three months after SARS-CoV-2 infection, almost half of cases report symptoms.

Effect of vaccination could be determined for cases <65yrs, and was significantly protective for loss of smell and taste but not for other symptoms.

• Wow
Reactions: Das_Ubermensch

Nonphixion

Oct 12, 2003
Vienna, Austria
I got the bivalent Moderna BA1.1 about two months ago, the Moderna BA.4/.5 wasn't available here at the time in Vienna.

It takes longer for that stuff to get across the ocean and into these slow-ass central European countries IME

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I got the bivalent Moderna BA1.1 about two months ago, the Moderna BA.4/.5 wasn't available here at the time in Vienna.

It takes longer for that stuff to get across the ocean
and into these slow-ass central European countries IME
I got the BA 1.1 several months ago in a trial and the BA5 like 3 months ago, was supposed to get a boost of the BA5 before I left for vacation but they kept being short staffed stat the trial unit

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
The latest quack trope is to blame this year's flu increase on the fact that people were previously masking, yet sticking to the argument that Flu is not airborne, but droplet spread and that masks don't work against droplets. These are the world's brightest Twitter doctors we're talking about.
It’s not masking. Most kids before the pandemic catch RSV and even the flu before 2 years of age and build up immunity. 2020 and 2021 many kids were not exposed to any sort of natural immunity cycle. Now, they are all being exposed all at once.

My son is one of them. He’s been exposed to both the flu and RSV now with a month.

Reactions: Mikel and Grape_Ape

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
It’s not masking. Most kids before the pandemic catch RSV and even the flu before 2 years of age and build up immunity. 2020 and 2021 many kids were not exposed to any sort of natural immunity cycle. Now, they are all being exposed all at once.

They should have gotten their flu shots

Reactions: dorkultra

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A

My son is one of them. He’s been exposed to both the flu and RSV now with a month.
Pretty much every kid I’ve seen in the airports and out and about has been sick. It’s kinda wild

• Sad
Reactions: Phil NJ

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy