Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
It's a shame that there are people out there that don't want to hear anything optimistic regarding Covid.
I can tell you that the last 6 months or so I've gone about my life as normal. Sometimes I'll wear a mask, like at medical facilities and very busy crowded places (costco I'm lookin at u) but otherwise it's all back to normal. I got all my shots, kids got all theirs, we're moving on because covid isn't going anywhere and it seems mostly minor

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I can tell you that the last 6 months or so I've gone about my life as normal. Sometimes I'll wear a mask, like at medical facilities and very busy crowded places (costco I'm lookin at u) but otherwise it's all back to normal. I got all my shots, kids got all theirs, we're moving on because covid isn't going anywhere and it seems mostly minor
Same. Started out 2022 isolating than in March returned to normal. Still wore a mask on the airplane in April and May

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
FlPgXJWX0AIFi_7

FlM-q56WIAAN2dV

• Wow
Reactions: Das_Ubermensch

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Pretty much this, between vaccines, immunity walls and paxlovid it’s whatever. It’s mainly my interests in the biology/medical tech and science that keeps me looking now a days

Reactions: mistergin

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Pretty much this, between vaccines, immunity walls and paxlovid it’s whatever. It’s mainly my interests in the biology/medical tech and science that keeps me looking now a days
I just try to avoid getting sick so it doesn't ruin plans at this point. Obviously I don't want to get sick, but being a hermit indefinitely causes more harm

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY

Also for Digum/Das takes

More like a mass disabling event. I predict it will take about 3-4 separate infections for the average person to realize that some basic precautions are actually not worse than getting sick

The pattern is well established by now. No precautions leads to more infections leads to more variants leads to more infections leads to more variants

☀️☀️ rays of sunshine for the optimists

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
More like a mass disabling event. I predict it will take about 3-4 separate infections for the average person to realize that some basic precautions are actually not worse than getting sick

The pattern is well established by now. No precautions leads to more infections leads to more variants leads to more infections leads to more variants

Yeah it’s crazy how it wiped India and Africa off the map

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore

The flu and other coronavirus infections caused similar inflammation in the body and infect people every year.

Most people have been infected or have been immunitized for Covid already. Some multiple times. It's not novel for them anymore.

We have had more variants than ever this past year yet deaths and hospitalizations have decreased in the US.

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Yeah it’s crazy how it wiped India and Africa off the map
I should have stated that it was for the US. Indian peninsula and Africa are probably faring better due to factors like building ventilation, amount of time spent outdoors, potentially dietary factors like more banana based protein consumption vs meats. Same with Latin America.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
I should have stated that it was for the US. Indian peninsula and Africa are probably faring better due to factors like building ventilation, amount of time spent outdoors, potentially dietary factors like more banana based protein consumption vs meats. Same with Latin America.
You can make the argument that the US has a pretty high obesity rate compared to many parts of the world which would affect mortality. But no one is eating a "banana based protein diet"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy