Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Hotez is a realist which I like. Idealism, optimism and heads in the sand won't keep people from fucking up their long term health. But he is up against anti science and wait and see science.

The latest debate is that some scientists want to officially name the long term syndrome caused by Covid. Similar to AIDS caused by HIV. But standing in the way are people who don't like the optics of giving a name to the fact that people don't recover. Breathable Aids doesn't ring too well for people working in offices restaurants and going to school.

This latest round of infection seems a bit worse and will hopefully move the needle.

Reactions: whatever

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Sister in law was showing symptoms probably 2-3 days before Friday, she tested negative on Monday but was symptomatic and still has light post viral cough.

Unfortunately my mom tested positive on Sunday not from us though, haven’t been around her since before Christmas. Probably picked it up from volunteering at the Children’s Hospital, told her to stop that but she won’t. So far congestion and cough, only worrisome part is she can’t take paxlovid due to some meds she is on, talked to her this morning and she said she is feeling better though, hope it continues that way.

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Sister in law was showing symptoms probably 2-3 days before Friday, she tested negative on Monday but was symptomatic and still has light post viral cough.

Unfortunately my mom tested positive on Sunday not from us though, haven’t been around her since before Christmas. Probably picked it up from volunteering at the Children’s Hospital, told her to stop that but she won’t. So far congestion and cough, only worrisome part is she can’t take paxlovid due to some meds she is on, talked to her this morning and she said she is feeling better though, hope it continues that way.
Have her check vitals like oxygen regularly

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Well after 4 close contacts this past week in the school my wife is positive. Only symptoms are a slight cough and headache. Much easier symptoms for her than last year.

I know there's no sciencific peer reviewed evidence but we knew ahead of time she may catch it so I had her take 50,000 iu of D3 Wed and Thur and started her on NAC and zinc yesterday.

• Support
Reactions: Grape_Ape

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
FmXV6_ZXoAIKoE4

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
On another note I've been watching our local wastewater levels which are updated once per week on Friday. Interestingly enough, we're about halfway to the levels seen during peak Omicron in Jan/Feb of last year.

XBB be flexin' 💪

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
On another note I've been watching our local wastewater levels which are updated once per week on Friday. Interestingly enough, we're about halfway to the levels seen during peak Omicron in Jan/Feb of last year.

XBB be flexin' 💪
My wife would have never tested since she has only cold type symptoms. But my father was supposed to come over later.

Most people are prob walking around with it and not knowing they have it. Which is saying alot about the endemic nature of it.

Reactions: nine, N8 and kitty

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy