Official, NON-POL, Covid-19™ Thread. We're Endemic now! Weekly deaths at the lowest since March 2020

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area

Amazingly, I just noticed this a week ago, and it is definitely a health concern that should be studied more.

I had borrowed an air quality monitor from a coworker since we believed that our furnace was sucking in shitty outdoor air that was filled with fireplace exhaust (it was).

But while we had the sensor, I was searing some meat and noticed that the sensor, in the dining room, was reading over 500! 0-50 is considered good, 50-100 moderate, 100-150 hazardous for sensitive groups. 500 is horrendous.

We noticed that the filters for our stove ventilation fan were completely clogged with grease, so we cleaned that out. I don't know how much of a difference it made since I returned the sensor before I seared anything again, but air is definitely flowing much more freely. We need to keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't clog up again, and I'd recommend that everyone check your filters if you haven't tended to those in a while. :o

Thankfully California requires all stove fans to vent to the outdoors. I remember back in Ohio and Pennsylvania, my stove fans just circulated the air back into the apartment.

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Amazingly, I just noticed this a week ago, and it is definitely a health concern that should be studied more.

I had borrowed an air quality monitor from a coworker since we believed that our furnace was sucking in shitty outdoor air that was filled with fireplace exhaust (it was).

But while we had the sensor, I was searing some meat and noticed that the sensor, in the dining room, was reading over 500! 0-50 is considered good, 50-100 moderate, 100-150 hazardous for sensitive groups. 500 is horrendous.

We noticed that the filters for our stove ventilation fan were completely clogged with grease, so we cleaned that out. I don't know how much of a difference it made since I returned the sensor before I seared anything again, but air is definitely flowing much more freely. We need to keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't clog up again, and I'd recommend that everyone check your filters if you haven't tended to those in a while. :o

Thankfully California requires all stove fans to vent to the outdoors. I remember back in Ohio and Pennsylvania, my stove fans just circulated the air back into the apartment.
I'm gonna start cooking outdoors more

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy