CAR CREW Official Porsche Crew Thread

husm

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2008
da souf, FL
Okay! I just put a deposit on a 2000 C2 Cabriolet. Not exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't pass it up at the price (calling this my starter Porshce).
They are putting new tires on it, safetying it, and putting in a PCCM Plus before I pick it up.

One question though since it didn't have the owner's manual in it.... what fucking octane fuel does it require?
So fucking frustrating that I can't seem to find the answer on google. I just get a ton of forum posts where people say "I would never put anything but premium in my car".... which doesn't help... because I don't know if they are even talking about 91 or 93 or 94 octance.

So... can anyone here open up a 996 C2 Owner's Manual and tell me what the required octane rating is?

Just put 91+, I know my 997 ECU will adapt depending on octane.
Congrats enjoy

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
Okay! I just put a deposit on a 2000 C2 Cabriolet. Not exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't pass it up at the price (calling this my starter Porshce).
They are putting new tires on it, safetying it, and putting in a PCCM Plus before I pick it up.

One question though since it didn't have the owner's manual in it.... what fucking octane fuel does it require?
So fucking frustrating that I can't seem to find the answer on google. I just get a ton of forum posts where people say "I would never put anything but premium in my car".... which doesn't help... because I don't know if they are even talking about 91 or 93 or 94 octance.

So... can anyone here open up a 996 C2 Owner's Manual and tell me what the required octane rating is?
It will run on anything. That being said, always put in the best octane available.

KBBQ

Stryker MAKO > *
Jan 2, 2021

Pics and price?

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella

On all the German cars I've ever had it will suggest an octane rating on the fuel door.

Reactions: Ballast

Ballast

Cold Heartless Bastard
Aug 9, 2001
London, Ontario
Pics and price?
I got it for $26k Canadian. They took the AutoTrader ad down before I thought to grab the pics, but I'll post later this week when I actually pic it up.
They've put new tires on all 4 corners, and have ordered the PCCM Plus. I'm getting excited to pick it up.

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
I've always believed you should put in the exact octane rating the engineer designed the engine to use.... but maybe I'm wrong with that...
I don’t think you understand what an octane rating is or how it relates to ignition timing.

Reactions: Bugalu

Ballast

Cold Heartless Bastard
Aug 9, 2001
London, Ontario
I don’t think you understand what an octane rating is or how it relates to ignition timing.
Did you just call me stupid for citing my thermodynamics classes? I realize it's been 20+ years (although I still use some of it day-to-day)... but if the design engineer intended it to use 91, then it will work better with 91 than with 93...

I have access to 100 at the office, but I doubt anyone intends me to use that when they say "just buy the highest octane you can"...

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Did you just call me stupid for citing my thermodynamics classes? I realize it's been 20+ years (although I still use some of it day-to-day)... but if the design engineer intended it to use 91, then it will work better with 91 than with 93...

I have access to 100 at the office, but I doubt anyone intends me to use that when they say "just buy the highest octane you can"...

The label on my fuel lid says 91 MINIMUM. . .

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC

Well, now I’m going to call you stupid.

nindia

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
earth
I take that back...I think 9x9.

The 190SL is 5.7' wide. Looks like more than 2.3' around it. 3.3' would make sense.

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
Odd question. Do you know him? If so, will you find out if those are 8' or 9' doors?
8' by my math.

BElqTl4.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Go Pro

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Real talk: if the guy in the Youtube video says that "this is an easy fix" in a super thick German accent, you're gonna be in for a bad time. :rofl:

Side view mirror started wobbling this AM on my way to work and I just about killed myself trying to recompress that spring inside of the housing without gakking up the wiring or paint.

Reactions: Jcolman

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teokennet