CAR CREW Official Porsche Crew Thread

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
It's honestly unlike anything I've ever driven. I'm also somewhat terrified of it because it's on awful tires and I'm still learning it, but I got into boost in a corner yesterday (the second drive) and it was amazing.

I also called @patina terrified that I was melting the engine because I didn't understand the oil level gauge. ...and then I spent 20 minutes trying to refuel because I couldn't open the tank cover. :o

Needle dances around and mostly sits near the red line while driving? The dipstick doesn't lie- the gauge does quite often. :o

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
Needle dances around and mostly sits near the red line while driving? The dipstick doesn't lie- the gauge does quite often. :o
The gauge is only accurate when the engine is warm, idling and you are sitting on level ground.

patina

Aug 6, 2005
NC
It says this verbatim in the owner manual, which was conveniently sitting NOT in my car at said time of heart attack.
You have to remember your engine is dry sump. There’s a little over 12qts of oil in the system. You’d have to realize some very catastrophic shit to have a starvation issue.

Just like the gauge, oil level at the dipstick is only accurate when the engine is warm, idling and on a level surface.

Also, as discussed, I strongly advise running an aftermarket boost gauge.

Reactions: michael and Go Pro

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Heard on a podcast that a Porsche dealer in NJ had 25 cars written off cuz of the recent floods

The taycans FLOATED cuz they're sealed so well, didn't suffer any electrical damage, but damage from floating and bashing into things

25 less cars out there in already tight market

psykosis

Had dinner w/ Inspector Seb, we're basically bff's
Oct 31, 2001
Listing between sin and salvation
Honestly thinking about both. Just bought a location to open a poverty version of www.waltgrace.com with my father in law.

It actually drives really, really well. It would held if my knees were skinnier and I was 13” shorter.
:cool:

I would love to open a shop here like Period Correct's store in Cali, but this town doesn't have the market to support it.

Reactions: Go Pro

help computer

stop all the downloadin'
Aug 13, 2005
Chattanooga
Sell to me?
Come and get it. It's a clean 5MT 2.7L 2008 with 65k miles.

LwPwtx7.jpg

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
They don’t bother me in the least tbh. Esp on a wide body car.

After seeing a modified bumper thread on Pelican, I decided that I wanted to delete my bumperettes. But after seeing a smooth bumper IRL, I decided that the look wasn't for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingdee