CAR CREW Official Porsche Crew Thread

jeff2577

OT OG
Jul 30, 2001
Seattle/Bellevue

"The signatures of "Risky Business" actors Bronson Pinchot, Joe Pantoliano, Curtis Armstrong and Francine Locke"

Everybody in that list had some involvement with the car except for Francine Locke, who was the chick in the shower... Why is her signature there?

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF
Come and get it. It's a clean 5MT 2.7L 2008 with 65k miles.

LwPwtx7.jpg
:eek: want

TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本

1991 Porsche Koenig-Specials C62​

$995,000

1 of 3 Koenig Specials Examples Built, Street-Converted Porsche 962.

226A4021-2_454x@2x.progressive.jpg

226A4514_49cf0efd-0c62-436e-a6b9-6acc1b8bf4f3_454x@2x.progressive.jpg

226A4560_454x@2x.progressive.jpg

Based in Munich, Koenig had previously raced a 962 and did not simply slap lights and license plates on the race car. Instead, they comprehensively re-engineering the 962’s architecture to make it more suited (or perhaps less unsuited) to street use to create the C62. The car bears strong visual resemblance to the 962 but in fact no body panels are shared or interchangeable. To meet German regulations, the headlights and fenders were raised and the underfloor redesigned to provide aerodynamic balance to offset the revised fenders. An opening front compartment and plexiglas engine lid were added for regular light maintenance, replacing the completely removable clamshells of the race cars, although the rear clamshell can still be removed on the C62 for heavy service as well.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Randomly came across the 991.2 C4 GTS I sold back in mid-2020. Was being resold by a used Porsche dealer--not sure if it was consignment or if the guy sold it to them outright, but they were asking for 25% more than I sold it.

Realistically, the guy I sold it to drove it for 1 year and ~12k miles and probably made a few thousand dollars. Here I was thinking I was being responsible selling a car I wasn't driving much during an economically uncertain time :mad: :o

• Sad
Reactions: ///TRASH

Burmonster

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Randomly came across the 991.2 C4 GTS I sold back in mid-2020. Was being resold by a used Porsche dealer--not sure if it was consignment or if the guy sold it to them outright, but they were asking for 25% more than I sold it.

Realistically, the guy I sold it to drove it for 1 year and ~12k miles and probably made a few thousand dollars. Here I was thinking I was being responsible selling a car I wasn't driving much during an economically uncertain time :mad: :o
You should buy it back to correct your error.

Or something like that.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
You should buy it back to correct your error.

Or something like that.
Nah he probably beat the shit out of the thing. The whole time he was buying it he told me about the 4 track days he already had reserved. Plus it was a 7MT, so I'm sure the zero overrev DME report now looks atrocious.

Plus it was black on red. I don't like black cars and I learned I really don't like bright red interiors :rofl:

Burmonster

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Pulling together all of the maintenance records for the 991.2 C2S I purchased a little over a month ago. I have most of the generalities but I am calling the dealerships in FL and GA that worked on the car for the previous owner to get more minute details. I have had better luck getting Porsche of West Broward to call me than my local dealership even though I have spent money on service and purchased cars there in the past and they are just a few miles down the road. Thinking about take a drive up there tomorrow and pulling a full Karen with the service manager.

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
When are you getting a Porsche

I want one so goddamned bad dude, but I have no idea when I'll get around to getting one.

I don't want to spend more than like $50k on anything right now and that won't really buy me any Porsche I'd want other than maybe some 964/993 non-turbo/likely non-S

Gotta get the A8 sold as well

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
Nearly (but not really) bought a 996 GT3 today on BaT.

Was the high bidder for like 5 hours and then the price went up $30k+ in the last 45 mins... It's nice to dream :wiggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost