CAR CREW Official Porsche Crew Thread

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Finally washed my car after 16 tracks days. At initial glance she looks in great shape…

KyA4lNm.jpg

…then you look closer and notice my hood/bumper has plenty of war wounds:

eT5RZkL.jpg

Someday I have to take the time to clay bar and remove the million rubber marks. Ordered some Mothers R8 rubber remover to hopefully make the process easier.

Unfortunately yes that’s a nasty mark on my hood that went through the clear bra, and clear coat. I don’t think I can get that fixed :(

Good on you for using it. Perfect cars are overrated.

Reactions: GH0ST

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Good on you for using it. Perfect cars are overrated.

I’m borderline abusing it at this point. I intend to take a car control clinic where I’ll learn to drift the car, kind of a tough task with a 355 hp engine driving the rear 305 section width 200tw grippy tires.

I‘ve had the car for 7 years, I went through the full ownership experience…from babying it and taking it to car shows, to using to move houses, camping, and now thrashing on the track.

This car has been unbelievably good to me, if it shits itself on track or I put it in a wall I feel like I will have had my moneys worth. She owes me nothing at this point.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Kinda want to buy another 911, but holy cow these prices. Sold my 991.2 C4 GTS for $105k in April 2020 and I'm pretty sure it would cost me $135k+ to buy that same car now.

Found a 2018 991.2 GTS with ~10k miles spec'd pretty well and the seller is firm at $140k, which is insane to me. A year ago I was looking at low mileage GT3's for $140-150k, so I'm having some problems acclimating to the current market :o

Reactions: Jeebus

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Ouch, terrible time to buy at the moment. Should see some of the bonkers price&comments in this 911 FB group I'm in.

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
looks like my 996 is gone.

wife and i have been talking about selling the car for a bit. went out of town for a few months for a job (oct/nov), come home for thanksgiving and my wife said she had showed the car to a couple a few times. he came over a few times last week and drove it around and stopped by this morning with a check. full ask. said he was heading out of town for work and would be back friday to pick it up. fuck. hold me bros

kamen

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I wanna rejoin Porsche/911 crew but with the current shortages and secondary price gouging it's hard. On the other hand I can make study profit off my G550 but then I'm stuck...🤔

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Kinda want to buy another 911, but holy cow these prices. Sold my 991.2 C4 GTS for $105k in April 2020 and I'm pretty sure it would cost me $135k+ to buy that same car now.

Found a 2018 991.2 GTS with ~10k miles spec'd pretty well and the seller is firm at $140k, which is insane to me. A year ago I was looking at low mileage GT3's for $140-150k, so I'm having some problems acclimating to the current market :o
Screenshot_20211206-090106.png

• Clown
Reactions: patina

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
Finally bought one, even if it is a starter Porsche, it'll do for now...

07 Cayman S 6MT, lots of options but sadly no PASM or Sport Chrono. I'm kinda fine with that since it is has suspension anyway, and my understanding is the Sport Chrono on this car was basically a sport mode with sharper throttle and a tune could do the same.

It's clean with no accidents, has 92k, but had tons of recent maintenance in the last 1.5 years, New clutch/flywheel/RMS, new suspension arms, Koni Yellows + h&r sports, new top hats, and a lot of other little stuff too. Guy was planning on keeping it forever but evidently found a deal on a 997 and wanted to upgrade. He said "it needs front rotors/pads and rear tires" - then proceeded to send me a pic of rear tires that were at 4/32 and front pads that had probably 3-5/32s and rotors that didn't look cupped. So it looks like he's particular. I'll probably do the tires and brakes eventually myself, but could wait a couple months. Will probably just do a new stereo with android auto/carplay and tint it and drive it for a while.

Price was really reasonable for what I saw on the market. Can probably sell it for what I have in it very easily if I don't like it / like it so much I want a newer one

tfZpwsnh.jpg

AinIqO7h.jpg

vOHOZ6Zh.jpg

JoJ78Nnh.jpg

TuWvvp6h.jpg

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad

07 Cayman S 6MT, lots of options but sadly no PASM or Sport Chrono. I'm kinda fine with that since it is has suspension anyway, and my understanding is the Sport Chrono on this car was basically a sport mode with sharper throttle and a tune could do the same.

It's clean with no accidents, has 92k, but had tons of recent maintenance in the last 1.5 years, New clutch/flywheel/RMS, new suspension arms, Koni Yellows + h&r sports, new top hats, and a lot of other little stuff too. Guy was planning on keeping it forever but evidently found a deal on a 997 and wanted to upgrade. He said "it needs front rotors/pads and rear tires" - then proceeded to send me a pic of rear tires that were at 4/32 and front pads that had probably 3-5/32s and rotors that didn't look cupped. So it looks like he's particular. I'll probably do the tires and brakes eventually myself, but could wait a couple months. Will probably just do a new stereo with android auto/carplay and tint it and drive it for a while.

Price was really reasonable for what I saw on the market. Can probably sell it for what I have in it very easily if I don't like it / like it so much I want a newer one

tfZpwsnh.jpg

AinIqO7h.jpg

vOHOZ6Zh.jpg

JoJ78Nnh.jpg

TuWvvp6h.jpg
Love that spec

• Love
Reactions: Perfect Speed

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF

tfZpwsnh.jpg

AinIqO7h.jpg

vOHOZ6Zh.jpg

JoJ78Nnh.jpg

TuWvvp6h.jpg
Boggles my mind that when I was looking at these 5 years ago, they were 45k-ish

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
Boggles my mind that when I was looking at these 5 years ago, they were 45k-ish

I was assuming the $68k price was the MSRP?

I was going to ask about what an older 1st gen Cayman S manual goes for

$68k was the MSRP according to VINAnalytics website.

Looks like clean title/no accident 6 speed 987.1s are going for $24-28K with similar mileage - I paid a little less

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost