CAR CREW Official Porsche Crew Thread

Ballast

Cold Heartless Bastard
Aug 9, 2001
London, Ontario
Getting ready to do the first service on my 996 at my buddy’s place. Going to replace my HVAC Heater Control Valve while it’s up on the hoist at his place.

The stupid owners manual just says that it comes filled from the factory with permanent coolant. And if you have to top up use Porsche recommended…

And since we’re there we’re going to change the oil. But the manual isn’t much help… I’m thinking Mobil 1 10W40…. But who the fuck knows at this point. Rennslist peeps seem to be using 5W40.

1C9BB364-F3E7-4AB6-957D-EDCB396B0163.jpeg

• Cool
Reactions: ///TRASH

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
If it ain't broke, change it anyways?

ZfWeHLt.jpg

Hopefully I can get around to doing a full A/C refresh this year.

Burmonster

OT Supporter
Jan 8, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Getting ready to do the first service on my 996 at my buddy’s place. Going to replace my HVAC Heater Control Valve while it’s up on the hoist at his place.

The stupid owners manual just says that it comes filled from the factory with permanent coolant. And if you have to top up use Porsche recommended…

And since we’re there we’re going to change the oil. But the manual isn’t much help… I’m thinking Mobil 1 10W40…. But who the fuck knows at this point. Rennslist peeps seem to be using 5W40.

View attachment 208547
10W40 in the summer. 5W40 in the cooler months

TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本

• This Porsche 962 is a remarkable historic IMSA racing car, which boasts outstanding provenance, and which is offered with current FIA papers.
  • Its engine is a 3.2-liter flat-six with a single turbocharger, producing around 590hp, driving the rear wheels through a five-speed manual gearbox.
  • The car is a genuine IMSA racer with the updated composite Chapman tub, which was raced in period, campaigned by Bob Akin with well-known drivers Vern Schuppan, James Weaver, and Hurley Haywood.
  • Chassis 962-C04 retired from IMSA racing unscatched, so it remains impressively original, and sports the red and black livery colors of its original period sponsors Yokohama and Paradyne.
220310-W-Porsche-962-01.jpg

220310-W-Porsche-962-17.jpg

IMG-0926.jpeg

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area
just looked, the 3 I saw in inventory a few weeks ago are gone, best one available at the moment is a gts.

Either way I could order one tomorrow for straight MSRP if I wanted to burn that much cash on a car right now.

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
One year update!

I'm absolutely 100% still in love with this thing and it has basically become my daily driver at this point. 3 road trips (with a 4th coming up next month) and over eleven thousand nearly flawless miles. It's been a blast to drive, easy to own and work on (for the most part- I've developed a newfound hatred for nylock nuts).

mxZYcE4h.jpg

sFo0KUxh.jpg

dZuYjBPh.jpg

hSFAFYXh.jpg

dVptJBvh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle