TECH Official Shut Up and Take My Money Apple Thread - No RCS Here

Lanzar

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2003
Utah
So far I haven't missed android except for having a keyboard with a dedicated comma button and it being smart enough to put a space after the comma for me...

I'll adjust of course and the battery life has been insane compared to Android, holy shit

Low light photos are glorious as well

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
This stupid phone and it’s contacts are completely messed up.

In messages it shows a phone number. I click the the number/photo at the top and hit info then and only then does it display the contacts name.

In messages it’s still just a phone number :ugh2:

i think that’s just the apple way

iphone to iphone you get the name

iphone to android just the number

if you want the name to pop up, just get your friends and family an iphone , easy peazy,

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
So I haven't read a thing in here since before launch day as my life has been absolute chaos.

Dynamic iLand is fairly cool

....I'm not noticing much of an improvement on the camera, which is most of the reason I upgrade every year. I always take some low light pics when I get the new phone. Last year I went on a late night walk and took some pics of shit, and did the same this year. Last year I noticed a huge difference. This year, there were even photos were I preferred the 13PM pic to the 14PM. Some I couldnt really tell a difference, and others I could, but it wasnt really that big of a difference at all. Low light is where the big improvements were supposed to come from I thought. Maybe cameras have caught up to the rest of the phone in the sense that they've reached the point where the improvements are as good as size and technology allow, and we're only getting minimal improvements every year. Pretty disappointing. :hs:

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Fuckin Apple not including the wall adapter. But during pickup they brought them out. I’m like oh cool those are included? Guy says no. I’m like why did you bring them out with my phones? Guy says so maybe you buy one. Fuck off.
but they dont include it because e-waste tho
My 14 got pretty hot when it was transferring & downloading everything after the initial setup.
same, I felt it and immediately turned it into low power mode and maybe unplugged it idr

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
So I haven't read a thing in here since before launch day as my life has been absolute chaos.

Dynamic iLand is fairly cool

....I'm not noticing much of an improvement on the camera, which is most of the reason I upgrade every year. I always take some low light pics when I get the new phone. Last year I went on a late night walk and took some pics of shit, and did the same this year. Last year I noticed a huge difference. This year, there were even photos were I preferred the 13PM pic to the 14PM. Some I couldnt really tell a difference, and others I could, but it wasnt really that big of a difference at all. Low light is where the big improvements were supposed to come from I thought. Maybe cameras have caught up to the rest of the phone in the sense that they've reached the point where the improvements are as good as size and technology allow, and we're only getting minimal improvements every year. Pretty disappointing. :hs:
Yeah the camera upgrades are just really not there for me this year. I hope it’s just because of the sensor switch and they keep tweaking the software.

I mean the camera is great, but the 13 Pro camera was great. There’s no appreciable difference in dynamic range or detail for me.

Reactions: crotch

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
Anyone having issues with wireless charging? I put the phone on the dock and it beeps and I could see it’s charging but when I wake up in the morning, it has lost a significant amount of charge. I’m using the leather apple case.

TS
TS
Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder

Reliability for life and liberty
Jun 28, 2001
Anyone having issues with wireless charging? I put the phone on the dock and it beeps and I could see it’s charging but when I wake up in the morning, it has lost a significant amount of charge. I’m using the leather apple case.
Nope

Using MagSafe charger in bedroom and in truck have had no issues.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
Yup. 12p doesn’t charge on dock anymore. Woke up today at 34%

yesterday and the day before around the same

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Yeah the camera upgrades are just really not there for me this year. I hope it’s just because of the sensor switch and they keep tweaking the software.

I mean the camera is great, but the 13 Pro camera was great. There’s no appreciable difference in dynamic range or detail for me.
Sad part is I'm not sure I'll be able to stop myself from upgrading every year :hs: :o :wtc:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026